CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Program/Project Manager in Burlington, Massachusetts
Sr. Program/Project Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Program/Project Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0521-0131
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Project Manager/RTE to join our growing team. As the Sr. PM/ RTE, you will drive end-to-end execution for software project delivery collaborating with agile teams, business stakeholders, vendors, and technical project stakeholders. The Sr. PM/ RTE acts as the main point of contact for specific project initiatives. You will facilitate collaboration and communication across agile teams, BPO, business stakeholders, and vendors (if appropriate). It is a plus if the candidate will be SAFe certified and engaged in several Agile programs based on SAFe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop project estimate work plans, status reporting, and other delivery documents as required
• Work across agile teams to develop solutions for platform enhancements and client implementations
• Work with leadership to assign technical resources to agile teams
• Participate in core project team meetings, business meetings, client meetings, etc. as appropriate to support project delivery
• Manage internal and external dependencies
• Monitor and track delivery execution; managing work load and budget; managing risks and issues, escalating as needed
• Ensure technical deliverables adhere to architectural guidance, quality standards, and BPO process
• Assist with System Demos and Solution Demos
• Communicate and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate to insure transparency, proactive mitigation, and timely resolution
• Conduct reviews and walkthroughs for technical project deliverables in an effort to ensure completeness, accuracy, estimated cost and alignment with business requirements.
• Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects on time and within budget
• Experience working in cross-functional, distributed teams
• Familiarity with fundamental application design and development approaches, including user interface, ETL, rules processing, data integration, services
• Ability to understand and effectively articulate technical concepts to various audiences
• Passion for driving execution, removing roadblocks, and continuously optimizing technology projects to deliver business value
• Ability to manage project delivery planning, forecasting, budgeting, scope and metrics reporting
• Ability to proactively manage and mitigate technical delivery risks, drive risk mitigation, drive issue resolution, conduct root cause analysis, and engage in lessons learned
• Ability to manage project delivery with variety of SDLC methodologies including agile and/or waterfall•
Desired Qualifications and skills for this role:
• Demonstrated track record of delivering results regardless of the methodology
• Agile Certification (Certified Scrum Master, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner, Kanban Management Professional, SAFe Agilest or RTE, Agile Certified Coach, etc.)
• Proficient with extrapolating the business value of existing and emerging technologies
• Healthcare payer knowledge
• Advanced Communication and Leadership Skills
• Experience planning, developing and delivering enterprise-level solutions under challenging conditions
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) leadership experience nice to have
• Program Manager
• Servant-leadership skills and experience
• Effective decision-making experience under challenging conditions
Skills and Years of Experience:
• Program Manager: 3+ years
• Health Insurance: 5+ years
• Scrum Master: 5+ years
• Release Train Engineer: 2+ years
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.