CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Junior Desktop Support Technican - Campus Recruiting in Camden, Arkansas
Junior Desktop Support Technican - Campus Recruiting
Find similar career opportunities
Junior Desktop Support Technican - Campus Recruiting
City: Camden, Arkansas, United States
Position ID: J1018-0932
Employment Type: Student Internship
CGI is seeking students interested in summer internship opportunities in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Interns are hired into a technical role within specific account and/or project teams. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Assist with computer repair and support (includes IMAC, Break Fix, Desk Side Support, etc.)
• Provide A/V support with meeting/conference set-ups and verifying equipment, adding network printers to laptops, etc.
• High level of customer service involved
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in a team oriented atmosphere
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project
• Exposure to business issues and challenges
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
CGI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you’ll need:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing bachelors degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• 3.0 GPA is required
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
• The role requires excellent customer service skills. We are looking for individuals with the ability and desire to be proactive and customer service focused.
• Must be able to document their daily work well by articulating the activities performed that day translated into tickets using the Service Now ticketing tools (preferred).
• IT industry experience of at least 1-2 years of computer repair/setup/desktop support experience to include Level 1 computer repair (break/fix) skills
• A+ certification preferred
• Ability to multi-task and work in an open customer environment.
• Ability to setup laptop/desktop devices and peripherals
• Preferred experience in imaging machines and installing approved software
• Boxing/unboxing machines and assist in shipment of devices based upon tickets.
• Must be detail oriented.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.