Criminal Intelligence Analyst (Law Enforcement)
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Virginia, Chantilly
Position ID: J0723-0493
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is hiring an Intelligence Analysts that will support one of our State & Local clients in partnership with the federal resources. This position will fuse together key counter-terrorism and criminal intelligence resources from local, state, and federal agencies as well as private industries to facilitate information collection, prioritization, classification, analysis, and sharing, in order to better defend against terrorist threats and/or attack and criminal activity. This position will support law enforcement investigations, facilitate multi-disciplinary partnerships, and create intelligence products and briefings for the Northern Virginia region.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Facilitate the exchange of criminal, terrorism, and critical infrastructure information and intelligence between the fusion centers and all law enforcement, public safety, homeland security partners, and private industry partners in the Northern Virginia region.
• Analyze multi-faceted data in order to show methods, trends, and patterns relating to criminal activity in Fairfax County.
• Compile reports and undertake projects relating to criminal, terrorism, homeland security, cyber, or critical infrastructure issues as needed.
• Conduct database checks and provide analyzed results in a report to respond to requests for information in a timely, efficient manner.
• Compile in-depth intelligence products and complete projects relating to criminal activity, terrorism, cyber, or critical infrastructure and provide assistance to the Criminal Intelligence Unit as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2+ years of experience in research and analysis techniques.
• 1 year of experience working with or supporting Fusion Center/Cell
• Ability to effectively collect, analyze, summarize, interpret, and communicate information and technical data orally and in writing.
• Proficient knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office applications, and analytical application programs and software to produce GIS-based maps, text, tables, graphs, and charts.
• Proficient knowledge in open-source research and analytical tools.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to diverse information sets and to produce logic-based analysis and recommendations on probable and potential trends and event outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and complete files, manage multiple priorities, and follow oral and written instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and representatives of other agencies and organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to work semi-independently, establish priorities, and achieve high level results with limited direct supervision.
• College degree in social science, government, business, or criminal justice related field and/or analytical experience to include criminal analytical training, or equivalent work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
• Public safety experience or other broad scope governmental experience desired.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass Fairfax County PD background check, including fingerprinting, drug screening, and polygraph examination.
• Proficient knowledge of cellular phone analysis
• Ability to analyze call detail reports (CDR), as well as GPS and ping records, to depict cell tower activity for investigations
• Ability to assist investigations by utilizing law enforcement databases and social media sources to identify suspects
• Ability to create maps, matrixes, suspect information sheets and bulletins to aid in proactive response and investigations of the Criminal Intelligence Unit
• Candidates will hold or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $65,000 - $100,000.”
Human Intelligence (HUMINT)
Operational Research (Intel)
Other Civilian (St)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.