Systems Engineer TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Systems Engineer TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Virginia, Chantilly
Position ID: J0823-0880
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex computer systems that meet the needs of our clients. The successful candidate will collaborate with stakeholders to identify business requirements, design systems, and integrate hardware, software, and networking components. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring that the systems meet performance, reliability, and security requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
• Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
• Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
• Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
• Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
• Apply Standard Characteristics of Labor Category Capability Levels
• In addition, responsible for managing very complex and/or high-risk programs and shall not serve in any other capability. Supervise assigned technical staff, including subordinate managers.
• Establish state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying, and troubleshooting highly complex computer operating hardware system.
• Design operating/hardware systems; formulate system concepts and architecture, specific requirements, and develop implementation approaches.
• Identify and direct resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues; subject matter expert on emerging technologies; direct the development of systems specifications and technical documentation.
• Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis, and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Active TS/SCI clearance w CI Polygraph required
• Experience with Linux Systems, including Red Hat or CentOS Systems Administration, in an engineering capacity.
• 5+ years of experience with Cross Domain Solutions, including Forcepoint High Speed Guards, OWL Diodes, Radiant Mercury, or ISSE Guards
• Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 Level II Compliance certification within 60 days of hire date.
• Experience with VMWare ESXi, vSphere, or vRealize Operations
• Experience with creating tailored Linux Operating systems through Kickstart or PXE
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies, including Chef, Terraform, Ansible, or SaltStack.
This role can be supported from Chantilly VA, Bethesda, MD and Annapolis Junction, MD.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $124,190 - $200,080.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.