CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Engineering Technician IV in Charleston, South Carolina
Engineering Technician IV
Find similar career opportunities
Engineering Technician IV
City: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J1018-0417
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Government Secure Solutions CGI, Inc (wholly owned subsidiary of CGI Federal) is seeking an Engineering Technician IV to work in our Charleston, SC location. The selected candidate will provide integration, testing, installation and documentation support for C5ISR systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide hardware integration, installation and testing support to various C5ISR systems.
• Provide verification and validation as outlined in various procedures, technical manual and field change instructions.
• Provide technical input to various technical documents to include technical manuals, test procedures/reports and other required documentation.
• Provide support in the receiving, inventory, kitting, packaging and shipping of equipment and material.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science or Related Technical Field
Experience: Ten (10) years of practical experience in C5ISR systems.
Four (4) years of experience, to include: installation of such equipment. One (1) year of experience, to include: design, preparation and modification of engineering documents, and drawings. Note: Experience may be concurrent
• Knowledge of systems hardware integration and meeting production schedules for required tasks.
• Ability to read schematic diagrams, cabinet elevation and fabrication drawings.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to express ideas orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work.
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance; US Citizenship required.
• The majority of the position requirements will be performed within an integration/production facility environment.
• Lifting of heavy equipment (45 pounds) maybe required.
• Travel and ability to work on board U.S. Navy combatants, including submarines, is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.