CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Business Analyst in Charleston, South Carolina
Senior Business Analyst
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J1019-2707
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to provide analytical and implementation support as part of our project team located at the Department of State. The ideal candidate will support the implementation and day-to-day operations of the overseas Momentum-based acquisitions and financial system called RFMS. The Business Analyst will interact with RFMS users on a daily basis to analyze issues arising from operations and propose and test solutions to fix them. As part of the team, the Business Analyst will often be required to work independently on issues assigned to them, come up with solutions for issue presented to them and make recommendations for process and system improvements. Federal acquisitions experience is preferred and financial experience is a plus, strong analytical skills, and familiarity with CGI's Momentum or other ERP systems is highly desired. The business analyst will also be required to clearly and concisely communicate on project status and tasks to project stakeholders, internal team and the client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work directly with the client on often complex software and data issues in the overseas acquisition system implementation in RFMS
• Research and devise solutions to known systems issues, to include, recommended cleanup steps for data issues and functional analysis of software issues
• Run and possibly modify existing SQL queries
• Work with developers or technical staff to advance approved solutions
• Create well-written solution memos that are concise and accurate for delivery to the client
• Recommend ways to optimize the functionality of software
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Our Federal customer requires that all applicants possess US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration
• Bachelor's degree and five or more years of related experience
• Sufficient knowledge of SQL Scripts to be able to determine the appropriate query to run in a given circumstance, and to modify existing queries when an existing one does not exist
• ERP experience or related Acquisitions experience is preferred
• Ability to conduct in-depth analysis of software, data, and technical issues
• Federal Contracting knowledge and background is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.