Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Alternate Location(s): United States, Arizona, Phoenix
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco,
United States, Florida, Miami
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
United States, Illinois, Chicago
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, New Jersey, New Brunswick
United States, New York, Newyork City
United States, North Carolina, Charlotte , Cary
United States, Tennessee, Chattanooga, Franklin, Knoxville
United States, Texas, Belton, Dallas, Austin, Houston
United States, Virginia, Fairfax, Lebanon, Richmond, Sterling
Position ID: J0124-1285
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist who will support us on Data science and AI/ML Initiative through the product development. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building, and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
**This is a hybrid role requiring two days per week in any CGI office, and candidates must be willing to work Eastern Time Zone hours.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Carrying out pre-processing of structured and Unstructured data
• Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
• Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
• Evaluating the performance of models and refining them as needed
• Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organization
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
• Deploy, test, validate, and maintain machine learning models in production by collaborating with data engineers and machine learning engineers.
• Developing Prediction systems and machine learning algorithms
• Ongoing assessment of the latest AI/ML technologies, packages, and frameworks within the data science ecosystem
• Develop and recommend process standards and best practices in Machine Learning as applicable
• Design & Develop NLP models for Text Classification, Custom Entity Recognition, Relationship extraction, Text Summarization, Topic Modeling, Reasoning over Knowledge Graphs, Semantic Search using NLP tools like Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc
• Integrating AI&ML models with other applications using REST APIs and other connector technologies
• Use of versioning & Collaborative tools like Git / Github
• Good understanding of landscape of AI solutions – cloud, GPU based compute, data security and privacy, API gateways, microservices based architecture, big data ingestion, storage and processing
• Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
• Partner with stakeholders to conduct research, create proof of concepts, and design solutions
• Ensuring data privacy and compliance with relevant regulations
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A bachelor's or master's degree in data science, computer science, statistics, or a related field
• 7 to 10 Yrs. of experience in designing, developing, and deploying production-grade data science solutions
• Solid knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning fundamentals
• Strong proficiency in Python
• Proficiency in SQL/No SQL Databases
• Hands-on experience with data analytics and classical machine learning tools(like pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn)and deep learning frameworks(like Tensorflow, Lang Chain, Pytorch, Flask, Fast API).
• Expertise on Generative AI (Transformer), Computer Vision and NLP is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Ability to tell stories with data, and deliver data-driven insights to a wide range of audiences
• Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $77,200 -$180,200.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.