Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Ohio, Cleveland
Alternate Location(s): United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
United States, Texas, Dallas
United States, New Jersey, New Jersey
United States, New York,
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
United States, North Carolina, Charlotte
Position ID: J0124-1833
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Calypso developer. The developer will be responsible for providing guidance on the project to transition from the legacy system to Calypso. He/she will work closely with technical/non-technical teams to understand business requirements and translate them into project workplan tasks necessary to successfully execute the project and will take the technical lead on the project.
This position should be located in Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC offices, however a hybrid working model is acceptable.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will be working in Agile development teams on the backlog stories that help to develop/enhance/customize the Calypso application.
• You will be analyzing the business requirements and proposing technical solutions.
• Design solutions that address business problems with consideration for the strategic future state model.
• Collaborate with business analysts, traders, and technology teams to gather and understand requirements for Calypso-based solutions.
• Design and develop customizations and extensions to the Calypso platform to meet specific business needs.
• Implement and maintain Calypso workflows, trade processing, and risk management functionalities.
• Integrate Calypso with other systems and platforms, ensuring seamless data flow and accuracy.
• Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and analytics using Calypso's reporting tools.
• Participate in code reviews, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting to ensure code quality and stability.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes and practices.
• Keep up-to-date with Calypso updates, industry trends, and emerging technologies in the banking and financial services domain.
• Assist in quality control, encourage best practices, always aiming to go above and beyond stakeholder satisfaction.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Solid understanding of back-office processes: Trade Lifecycle, Confirmations, Settlements, CREs, Accounting and key financial products.
• A good understanding of key concepts in Java like OOPS concept, Collections, Multi-threading etc.
• Demonstrable experience using, developing, and upgrading Calypso. Programming background on Calypso or other related platforms
• Have the ability to discuss with confidence the overall Calypso Architecture.
• Hands on experience with Calypso configurations like Scheduled Tasks, Reports, Workflow rules, message setups etc.
• Solid understanding of Calypso customizations means
• Ability to take ownership and independently resolve issues
• Understanding Calypso data model
• Strong analytical sense and the ability to interpret a set of technical requirements.
• Excellent communication skills and comfortable managing various stakeholder segments located across APAC.
• Attention to detail and the ability to understand complex front-to-back problems.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $85,800 - $ 202,700.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Java Core (J2SE)
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.