L1.5 Application Production Support Specialist
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
Main location: United States, Remote
Alternate Location(s): United States, Alabama, Troy
United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Position ID: J0823-1653
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a L1.5 Application Production Support Specialist to join our team in Columbia, SC or Troy, AL. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
CGI is looking for an L1.5 Application Production Support Specialist to plan, perform, and manage medium to high complexity production support tasks and activities that require subject matter knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support (e.g., incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Works on planning and execution of change, problem, incidents, production processes, controls and service requests
• Escalates unresolved issues to proper personnel.
• Provides mid-level end-user support, which may include providing systems administration assistance, coordinating stakeholder discussions, updating user documentation or conducting training.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1+ year of relevant experience
• Command Line UNIX using various commands and functions
• SQL scripting and database knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
• Good organization and communication skills. Strong aptitude for attention to details.
• Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. outlook, browsers, Sharepoint, Office Suite)
• Experience with general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing), ITIL framework, industry delivery and support standards and processes, knowledge management systems, and ITSM tools
• Experience and expertise in a broad array of specialized areas such as infrastructure systems, enterprise applications such as Autosys, monitoring tools, databases, information security tools, middleware, messaging, commercial cloud tools, etc.
• Knowledge or experience of AWS services and concepts including navigation and use of the AWS Console, AWS Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Container Service, AWS Cloudwatch (for application logs), EC2, Lambda, SQS, and SNS.
• Experience with application support and business operations in banking and financial services such as supporting trading, payments, prime brokerage, mortgage processing is desired
• Java knowledge is a big plus.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
Minimum one-year direct experience with application or infrastructure operations and support in a banking or financial services environment or two years direct experience providing application production support in any other industry. Two years of experience in an IT support role may be substituted if the degree is not in technology or mathematics
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $53,100.00 - $130,600.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.