Model Risk Project Manager
Model Risk Project Manager
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayatte
Alternate Location(s): United States, Texas, Belton
United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Position ID: J0623-0757
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a MF Model Risk Project Manager (MRA Remediation) to join our financial services team in Lafayette, LA, Belton, TX or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies. This position can be located remotely anywhere in the U.S. where CGI has an office.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
The Modeling Risk Project Manager effectively managing the 1st Line of Defense internal control environment. In collaboration with business process owners, the PM role proactively builds and maintains risk and control matrices to identify, assess, monitor, update and report out operational control monitoring results. This role includes effective partnerships with risk partners and process owners within Quantitative Modeling and throughout the enterprise’s three Lines of Defense. The PM will also partner with business process owners on control testing and issue and event management results and efforts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead risk team activities in efficient execution of the internal controls program within the department, identify areas of risk, evaluate effectiveness of controls, present mitigation opportunities and business solutions, and ensure alignment with enterprise frameworks and with industry best practices
• Partner with business unit stakeholders to translate control deficiencies into action plans and provide recommendations to enhance governance practices
• Develop and oversee project plans, teams, and roadmaps that outline preventative and corrective actions necessary to remediate control deficiencies, maximizing effectiveness, and mitigating future exposure
• Leverage individual research and relationships with various subject matter experts to drive controls effectiveness
• Responsible for controls effectiveness metrics enhancement to identify performance, risk trends, and best practices to cultivate a best-in-class emerging industry internal controls program
• Serve as subject matter expert regarding controls, business functions, systems, policies and/or procedures
• Advise and assist in facilitating controls effectiveness reporting with senior leadership and key stakeholders, drive meaningful conversation, identify outcomes and actions, and ensure follow-up for those actions with risk decision makers and performers
• Support the Model Risk Management (MRM) team’s iterative validation and challenge efforts and satisfy their reporting requirements for inventories, issues management, and performance.
• Maintain procedures, templates, guides, training material, and model risk policies for the internal controls system
• Develop program enhancements to identify critical areas to monitor and escalate issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders and governance committees
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders, and external contacts/vendors
• Stay abreast of and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
Mentor junior team members and oversee key responsibilities
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Project managers (non-tech) preferably with 5-10 years of experience
• Experience with Consent order or MRA/MRIA work
• Regulatory Reporting experience
• Risk PMO
• Finance Transformation
• Risk & Controls
• Working knowledge and understanding of risk-based auditing techniques and methodologies
• Working knowledge of operational risk and controls, internal controls concepts and practices and/or specific model risk frameworks
• Proven experience working within cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of high complexity which have significant business risk and impact
• Working knowledge of operational and regulatory risks and controls, including risk management techniques, methodologies, and systems
• Advanced skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; and ensuring successful project implementation in order to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Experience assimilating technical, complex financial, and economic data; proficient in data analysis, reporting, auditing, and operations research
• Expert analytical/quantitative, reconciliation, and deductive reasoning skills
• Effective skill in building strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with stakeholders and leaders
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, communicate and apply government and financial industry regulations related principles and practices, and company instructions, procedures and policies
• Working knowledge of organizational change management principles and practices
• Advanced communication and presentation skills; ability to persuade and influence; communicate complex information in an easily understandable manner
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to work independently
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Advanced skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate, persuade, and build consensus to reach agreeable exchange & positive outcomes with business partners
• Extensive experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Working knowledge of Secondary Mortgage services, programs, policies and procedures an organizational objective
• CPA, CIA, CFA, CRCM, PMP, NCCO, NCRM, CRMA
• Experience with credit union financials and/or MRA/ FHFA regulations
• Has working relationship with MRA and FHFA
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Auditing, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84,000.00 - $165,300.00.
CGI anticipates accepting applications for this position through February 6, 2024.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.