CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Oracle Application DBA (Infrastructure) in Columbia, South Carolina
Oracle Application DBA (Infrastructure)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Oracle Application DBA (Infrastructure)
Category: Database Administration
City: Columbia, South Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J0721-1265
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Oracle Application DBA (Infrastructure) to join our financial services team in Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here
We are seeking a seasoned Oracle DBA (Infrastructure) with both application and infrastructure support experience. This is a position within the Enterprise DB Support team responsible to support multiple business portfolios across multiple platforms and a great opportunity to pick up new skills supporting our clients Cloud transformation initiative.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Release management and on-call support for Production databases. This involves providing DB Support for multiple Application teams for Development release.
• Monitor databases for performance issues and notify application administrators in the event of degradation or unavailability
• Tune SQL as needed using Oracle tools, profiles, indexes, etc.
• Install and configure Oracle Enterprise Edition 12c and higher.
• DB upgrade and Patching
• Create new databases, adhering to naming conventions and established standards
• Maintain database baseline configuration documentation, including security controls, profiles, role, etc.
• Provision database users with approved access requests
• Monitor both logical and physical replication to reporting and standby databases
• Setup/Support for Dataguard. Verify backups and regularly test restore capability
• Monitor security posture of the database and recommend changes to resolve issues/vulnerabilities.
• Perform data exports and imports as needed to support database users (application administrators)
• Create/maintain shell scripts to support DB Administration tasks and/or automate them via Shell/Python/Sql.
• Database migrations from On-prem to AWS RDS (Oracle-Oracle, Oracle-Postgres, Sybase-Postgres)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 7+ years overall with at least 5 years as ORACLE DBA.
• 4-5+ years of experience in Oracle 12c/19c including Backup, Dataguard, RAC/ASM, OEM, Performance Tuning, and fundamental database administrations.
• 1-2 years of coding experience of Unix shell scripting or Python
• 1-2 years of AWS experience, e.g. RDS, Aurora, etc
• Experience administering a large enterprise database environment.
Experience with MS SQL server, PostgreSQL will be an added advantage
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.