CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. ETL Developer in Columbia, South Carolina
Sr. ETL Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. ETL Developer
City: Columbia, South Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J0721-0437
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. ETL Developer to join our financial services team in one of our several CGI Offsite and Onshore Delivery Center locations. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
The candidate will be required to be a solid Ab Initio Developer with excellent technical and communication skills. The candidate must be motivated and must be able to perform on their own with little or no guidance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As part of this role, it is required to solve moderately complex problems that require some independent thinking while adhering to agile practices, coding standards, testing methods and source management guidelines established by the IT group. In addition, the candidate will need to be part of regular code reviews from their peers and senior staff.
The candidate should be good at problem solving, independently interact with Business users and external partners/vendors for soliciting requirements of what needs to be coded. The candidate will be required provide guidance to junior level developers. Be able to articulate opinions on software development issues to team or work group. Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to Client vision, values, and principles. Must be able to adjust and cater to changing needs from business as they evolve. Foresees potential technical issues and recommends approaches to solve issues. Exhibits positive can do attitude towards peers, colleagues, and customers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Interact with external vendors and internal business/product owner team to understand the business requirements
• Analyze requirements/user stories and come up with Technical design
• Work with Database Administrators, Data Modelers, Business Analysts on solution design and implementation
• Develop and Unit Test Ab Initio Code
• Perform Maintenance and Support Activities for application
• Develop /Update Unix shell scripts
• Develop and maintain Autosys scripts
• Architecting and supporting DataMart load processes
• Designing processes that can extract/receive data from various heterogeneous source systems, perform data cleansing and transforming the data according to business rules
• Developing reusable frameworks for data extraction, loading and cleansing
• Designing and building change data capture processes and updating the DataMart accordingly
• Building capabilities to exchange the data with external partners in various formats (XML, CSV, Flat File etc.)
• Support System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed
• Identify and implement innovation/process improvements and contribute to business value add activities
• Work with Release Management on Production Implementation Planning and support release activities
• Provide guidance to junior developers as needed
• Ability to work in a fast paced Agile environment.
• Key Skills Needed: Ab Initio, Autosys, Unix Shell Scripts, Oracle DB, SQL Server DB, PL/SQL, Jenkins, Confluence, JIRA.
• Prior experience with Agile Methodology and Dev Ops
• Python and AWS (RDS/RedShift/S3)
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Professional certification(s) desired
Jira management software
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.