Calypso Quality Engineer – Automation
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Ohio, Columbus
Position ID: J0823-1283
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - Work-life flexibility
CGI is hiring a Calypso Quality Engineer to join our dynamic team.
Bring your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and driving automated and manual test plans and scripts. You will have the opportunity to assist the client with replacing Summit with Calypso. The ideal candidate will work closely with technical/non-technical teams to understand business requirements and translate them into the tests necessary to successfully test the product prior to implementation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop high-quality automated UI and API tests for Calypso
• Design and build industry standard test automation solutions and scripts
• Perform in sprint manual and automation testing in an agile setting
• Develop and manage software test plans, and traceability. Write high quality regression test plans for application under validation
• Provide manual and automation testing estimates during discover and sprint planning phases of development lifecycle
• Investigate automated & manual test failures to ensure application correctness, update automated UI/ API test scripts as needed
• Replicate prod defects in the lower environments, log defects in defect management system for resolution. Provide issue walkthroughs to the developers or software engineers
• Collaborate with DevOps team in to set up quality gates and execute automated tests in the delivery pipeline
• Automate repetitive validation tasks in browser based/ API based test automation products
• Report testing results/ metrics to the QA manager and other project collaborators
• Partner with product teams to create and produce acceptance criteria and BDD tests
• Report progress, test metrics and results to the project stakeholders
• Perform all activities involved in the software testing lifecycle
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4 - 7 years of experience working as a quality engineer on an Agile team
• 4+ years of test automation experience using Selenium
• Candidate must have an agile approach and be an expert in Agile delivery model, experienced with agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, spring planning, sprint reviews and sprint demos
• Experience developing tests using BDD frameworks
• 4+ years developing, maintaining & executing automated regression tests for web and backend applications
• 4+ years writing SQL scripts
• Must possess a good understanding of Agile project management and DevOps tools
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $74,600 - $165,300.”
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.