Housing Choice Voucher - Section 8 - Various Positions
Housing Choice Voucher - Section 8 - Various Positions
Main location: United States, REMOTE
Alternate Location(s): United States, Ohio, Columbus
Position ID: J0323-2105
Employment Type: Full Time
Work locations are in Belton, TX OR Columbus, OH.
CGI Federal’s Housing Sector team that partners with public housing authorities (PHAs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has multiple openings. This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing providers. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role. Additional training and professional development opportunities are also available, for both the affordable housing industry, and general business skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities may vary depending on the type of role being considered
• Manage, monitor and maintain monthly portfolio that includes but is not limited to collecting, processing and verifying documentation for clients and stakeholders; contacting third party sources for verifications based on outlined criteria.
• Ensure that tasks assigned are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Complete accurate data entry in CGI and client systems of record necessary to monitor and produce forms, reports, correspondence or other material.
• Analyze, organize, evaluate, alphabetize and file materials or data, as necessary.
• Implement new CGI/HUD/Client policy, procedures and requirements as provided by the Supervisor.
• Research and respond to inquiries from clients, landlords and tenants regarding case load matters and concerns.
• Educate program team members, participants, appropriate agencies, and the public concerning affordable housing regulations, policies and procedures.
• Compile information; generate and present CGI internal and client reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Supervisor and provide staff coverage as needed.
• Manage multiple work streams and priorities simultaneously while maintaining quality, customer service standards, and accuracy.
• Participate in Team meetings.
• Escalate all issues that need immediate supervisory attention.
• Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Work closely with other team members to provide high level of customer service.
• Train and provide written procedures for all team members.
• Provide individual support and assistance to the Housing Specialist. This includes, but is not limited to, helping solve problems, answering questions, offering suggestions or solutions to problems, and assisting in difficult situations between client and landlord.
• Run system reports to identify errors, assure policies and procedures are implemented consistently and work with staff to correct them.
• Research and implement new CGI/HUD/Client policy, procedures and requirements.
• Ability to supervise a team of people and/or work independently.
• Research and respond to inquiries from clients, landlords and tenants regarding affordable housing matters and concerns.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Depending on the type of role being considered, a Bachelor's degree OR an Associate's degree will be required.
• MUST have experience with Housing Choice Voucher Program
• MUST have strong computer skills and be able to enter data in multiple electronic information systems.
• The role requires skilled reading, analyzing, and interpreting data, documents, information, and publications.
• Must be able to evaluate information and situations in order to make sound independent decisions.
• Must possess problem solving abilities with skills to identify critical issues, and develop and execute plans to resolve disputes.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to forge positive relationships with clients, co-workers and colleagues.
• Must demonstrate excellent listening skills, presentation and public speaking skills and the ability to share information effectively to diverse groups.
• Must possess strong writing skills to compose documents, reports and correspondence.
• Processing Focused – attention to detail
• Due to the nature of this US Government contract, US Citizenship is required.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for these roles. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for these various roles in the U.S. is $32,900 - $82,600.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.