Salesforce Technical Architect
Salesforce Technical Architect
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Ohio, Columbus
Position ID: J0423-0710
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI, a Platinum Salesforce Implementation Partner, is seeking multiple Salesforce Architects. The selected candidate is expected to have an in-depth understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem. will rely on their growing technical skills and experience to design, estimate, present, and deliver technical solutions with clean, well-organized, and expressive code to CGI’s Salesforce customer base. This person will work with our clients to understand their business needs and help deliver value through technology using Salesforce. Because we have multiple projects with a wide variety of clients, we are considering candidates across all experience levels.
Love technology? We do too.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for an Architect with a passion for solving problems to join our team in Ohio (position can be fully remote). At CGI, you'll do more than just technical design and coding. You will solve challenging business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients.
We’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you’re looking for an inclusive place where you’re empowered to chart your own path, then we’d love to meet you.
Solution Architects are involved in our Salesforce Practice and staying abreast of new functionality and features that are released by Salesforce. This person will participate in the evolution of team best practices, standards and policies that are leveraged on Salesforce projects.
How you will be helping us grow and enabling our customers:
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with our clients through transparency,
organization, and impeccable communication
• Deliver high quality, well tested code using SOLID design principals and enterprise
design patterns within a given project timeline
• Ability to manage customer conversations and drive technical solutions with
technical and non-technical customers
• Work with clients to shape technical architecture and define project requirements to
address their specific business needs
• Design, develop, and document solutions to meet technical requirements
• Delegate development work to other team members as needed and oversee that the
build is done to according to standards and timeline
• Stay up to date on new Salesforce features/releases/products
• Participate in the solution development, implementation and project closeout at
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Solution Architects are responsible for supporting pre-sales activities in the following ways:
• Understand business needs and propose the best implementation using the
• Engage with business stakeholders to gather/analyze requirements and map them to
solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality.
• Conduct analysis of systems specifications and use analysis / diagramming tools to
represent business / technical processes.
• Demonstrate Salesforce capabilities to solve business problems by implementing
Proof of Value pilots and producing the supporting documentation.
• Assist in responding to Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (
RFI) from customers.
Solution Architects are an essential role on projects and help ensure the successful delivery of these engagements.
This role is expected to perform the following functions:
• Conduct requirements and solution concept workshops
• Facilitate business process analysis and automation discussions
• Guide best practices for security model, mobile deployment strategies, workflow,
data validation and analytics
• Manage relationships with stakeholders to achieve project goals
• Maintain collaborative relationships with external vendors to achieve project goals,
• Be part of a fast-paced agile scrum team and participate in planning, documentation,
execution, testing, and launch of projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 14 years of prior Salesforce and Force.com experience
• Experience with front-end and back-end development including: Aura Framework,
Lightning Web Component (LWC), Visualforce, Apex, REST and SOAP-based web
services, debugging, troubleshooting, and performance management
• Exceptional knowledge of object-oriented concepts and development experience
with design patterns including MVC
• Understanding of relational databases, including work with SOQL, MySQL, SQL
Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS
• Experience with driving data migrations between Salesforce and other systems.
• Experience with troubleshooting integrations issues with clients and internal team
• Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills - must be able to effectively convey
information and recommendations to clients (technical and none-technical)
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84,000 - $223,200.”
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Object Oriented Programming
Salesforce Solution Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.