CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior BI Developer - Cognos in Columbus, Ohio
Senior BI Developer - Cognos
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City:Columbus, Ohio, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is currently seeking an accomplished IBM Certified Sr. Cognos 11 Business Intelligence Developer for our Ohio Public Sector’s Reporting and Development team.
This Sr. Cognos Developer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide reporting solutions using Cognos Analytics Version 11.
This position will work primarily with end users, data modelers, and analysts to design business intelligence and operational reporting solutions. Experience developing data visualizations using Tableau 11 is desired but not required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• 7+ years of experience in design, development, testing and supporting of BI tools primarily using IBM Cognos BI 11.x,10.x
• Design, develop and support reporting and analytics applications leveraging tools such as Cognos Analytics Version 11, Informatica, and Tableau.
• Gather and translate requirements from end-users to develop and maintain the BI architecture.
• Develop Cognos Framework Manager packages, Cognos Transformer cubes, and other BI assets that will be used by the Business Intelligence team to build reports and dashboards as well as to perform ad-hoc analysis.
• Strong Oracle SQL skills and experience tuning queries, Working knowledge of data warehouse and a business intelligence
• Partner with the Data Services team and Information Management team for data integration and data modeling needs.
• Develop BI solutions using various data sources (e.g. SQL relational and multi-dimensional, unstructured data, and Power Play cubes.)
• Perform data analysis to troubleshoot data issues with the BI solutions and data integration processes.
• Provide training to team members and internal customers
• Strong communication skills verbal, written and presentation skills. Interface directly with clients and project team members to understand the need and objective of business.
• Strong team player - excellent interpersonal skill able to develop strong working relationship with team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7+ year’s exp. working with Cognos BI 11.x,10.x
• Cognos 11 knowledge must include Cube designer as well Report Studio, Framework Manager and administration.
• Experience with ETL Tools – Informatica Power Center.
• Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
• Experience with OLAP Architecture and Administration.
• Experience with tools such as Cognos Framework Manager, Cognos Transformer, Cognos TM1, and Tableau.
• Extensive understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) with an emphasis on Oracle PL/SQL
• Extensive experience developing and testing complex SQL
• Experience developing extract, transformation and loading (ETL) programs for Data Warehousing or Business Intelligence applications using Informatica
• IBM Certified Sr. Cognos 11 Business Intelligence Certifications are required
• Informatica Professional Certifications are desired
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Minimum Education Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience
• IBM Certified Designer – IBM Cognos Analytics Author V11
Cognos Cert Prof
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.