CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Java Developer in Columbus, Ohio
Senior Java Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Columbus, Ohio, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is currently seeking candidates for a JAVA Certified Developer for our Ohio Public Sector’s Reporting and Development team. This JAVA Developer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide reporting solutions using J2EE. This position will work primarily with end users, application architects, DBAs and other developers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents
• Resolve defects encountered during various testing cycles
• Contribute to the development of various project documents including Project Plan and Software Design Documents
• Contributes to enhancement of system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards
• Organize meetings and collaborate with various teams such as Project Stakeholders, Technical Architects, Quality Analysts, Configuration Management and Release Management
• Design and recommend software solutions
• Evaluate and recommend architecture and design alternatives where necessary
• Develop program logic by applying SDLC concepts for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing application, test, debug, maintain and integrate application components.
• Review artifacts created by peers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• JAVA certification
• Minimum of 60 months programming experience with relational databases (including at least 24 months experience with ORACLE 11g or later).
• Minimum of 60 months programming experience with large-scale systems using Java 1.6 or later.
• Minimum of 60 months programming experience using IBM’s Websphere (at least 36 months with version 7.x or later) software.
• Minimum of 24 months experience in Rapid Application Development (RAD).
• Minimum of 24 months programming experience in a Web based environment utilizing HTML, XML, Java Server Pages, and Java Script.
• Minimum of 48 months programming experience in an object oriented development environment.
• Minimum of 36 months system analysis experience on large scale systems.
• Minimum of 24 months experience designing multi-tier applications.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.