CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Architect in Dallas, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Dallas, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2666
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a seasoned enterprise data architect with prior extensive Microsoft product suite experience . Collaborating with business and technology teams, this key role will drive data architecture strategy and direction. The role is also expected to deliver system development and operating model changes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing and maintaining project data using the Microsoft product stack.
• The candidate will be responsible for staging data and creating reporting data warehouses, perform data modeling, craft logical and physical data structures based on reporting requirements and help maintain data integrity and security.
• Well versed with modern big data and cloud platforms
• Define and establish technical strategy, standards, and guidelines in the data architecture domain and model domain
• Create and maintain a core set of enterprise data architecture models and roadmaps in alignment with core business capabilities, business processes and IT roadmap
• Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders and various IT data practice teams to define transitional and target state data architectures
• With big picture awareness of data sources, interfaces and data flow across the enterprise, define, design and document data services, interfaces and data flows
• Identify opportunities for improvement
• Understanding of modern data architecture and experience with core data services like maintaining data lakes, data warehouses, data marts as well as relational and dimensional modeling, data quality and master data management.
• Experience with SQL Server databases, Analysis services, SSIS etc. Strong SQL development skills using SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures etc.
• Experience with troubleshooting data issues and identifying root causes of performance bottlenecks.
• Advanced skills in the design, deployment, and evaluation of tools, frameworks, and patterns to build scalable data platforms
• Experience with data backup and recovery
• Preferred Experience migrating data from on prem to cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP etc.
• Preferred Working knowledge of Azure data platform – data factory, data catalogs, data lake, analytics Azure storage options, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, AzureDevOps etc
• Excellent data management and data governance skills and analytical thinking capabilities.
• Proficiency in Visualization and Reporting Tools including MS Power BI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Data Quality/Cleansing 8+ years 4
Data Modeling/Warehousing 8+ years 5
Data/Database Design (Microsoft tool stack)
Big data eco system tools 5 3
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $95k-152k
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
BS Data Science, Data Analytics, or equivalent
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.