CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Mainframe Software Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Senior Mainframe Software Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Mainframe Software Engineer
City: Dallas, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0521-0240
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
If you are an experienced hands-on Senior Mainframe Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career. Locations for this role include; Raleigh, NC., Smithfield, RI. or Dallas, Texas.
You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies developing applications and providing support on a mainframe environment, using COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL, MQ-Series, SQL, and VSAM files.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Performing as a Senior Software engineer, including requirements gathering, development, and end-to-end testing
• Defining, developing, and leading team to implement application level architecture, giving due consideration to application scalability and extensibility, and conformance to established standards
• Providing on-site and on-call support as needed and acting as a subject matter expert as part of a cross-functional crisis management team
• Developing applications on complex projects, components, and subsystems for the division
• Recommending development testing tools and methodologies and reviewing and validating test plans
• Resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies and making recommendations and improvements to avoid them in the future
• Collaborating with multiple layers of management to share approaches, develop solutions, and improve capabilities throughout the organization
• Leading collaborative sessions and ceremonies with stakeholders and providing guidance and feedback to team members
• Being responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables
• Planning and conducting system testing
• Developing comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems
• Establishing full project life cycle plans for complex projects across multiple platforms
• Being responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget
• Performing independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives
• Developing original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in defining, developing, and leading an interactive team to implement scalable application solutions
• Hands on skills on mainframe application development, automation, and support, utilizing COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, MQ-Series, and SQL
• Experience in mainframe performance tuning and capacity planning, including ways to reduce I/Os, CPU Time, MSUs, and MIPs, using Strobe, iStrobe, and Platinum Detector
• Experience in mainframe application development including: file format and comparison using File-AID; version management using Endeavor; debugging and unit testing using Intertest and Abend-AID; and job scheduling using Control-M
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and ten or more (10+) years of experience in the job offered or ten or more (10+) years of experience as a developer on mainframe platform with systems and application development experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.