CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Quality Assurance Test Analyst - Product Testing in Dallas, Texas
Software Quality Assurance Test Analyst - Product Testing
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Software Quality Assurance Test Analyst - Product Testing
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Dallas, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0321-2596
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for a Quality Assurance/Test Analyst for a custom software system, who will be working on a small team and be responsible for creating and updating training manuals for a custom software system.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Creating test plan, generate test cases based on the requirements and other documents
• Plan and create test data required for testing
• Review business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
• Develop automation test scripts using open source tools like Selenium
• Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
• Report well documented defects in the Defect tracking tool and create test logs
• Report test results to the stakeholders
• Provide staff supervision and day-to-day management
• Perform Test Planning and Strategy activities
• Responsible for Metrics and Reporting of progress, issues, and risks to senior management
• Define, develop, and institutionalize best practices and procedures within a mixed manual and automated testing environment.
• Collaborate with the Deployment/Build team to test and verify nightly build verification (“smoke/acceptance”) test.
• Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in reviewing and understanding requirements for large scale high transaction applications.
• Experience with web application testing. Strong knowledge and experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Ability to communicate at both business and technical levels with the stakeholders, developers, Product Owner, Business Subject Matter Experts involved.
• Ability to work in a team and with multi-tasking skills to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong analytical skills to identify system and business impacts
• Experience using test management, requirements management and defect tracking tools.
• Experience in agile methodology.
• Communication and writing skills are required to communicate information effectively to customers, product manager and the technical staff.
• Organizational skills required to work with the vast array of information gathered during the requirement gathering process to facilitate writing the test cases.
• Interpersonal skills required to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as clients, product development management).
• Coordinate with all team members required to produce test plan and prepare all steps to complete the test plan for System Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Much have a test case for each software requirement and must keep a log of all testing phases.
• Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience using JIRA for requirements management and defect tracking
• Experience in both waterfall and agile methodology is preferred
• Experience with Land Management Software Products preferred
• Demonstrated Programming skills in open source automation frameworks like Selenium would be helpful but not required.
• Experience with Databases and SQL.
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 3
Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.