CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Dayton, Ohio
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Dayton, Ohio, US United States
Position ID: J0721-0938
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is hiring a Business analyst to join our dynamic team.
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
With guidance from the Project Manager and in collaboration with team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Participating in requirements analysis, data gathering, interviews and facilitated sessions, analyzing and documenting functional business requirements to assist in the software development
• Formulating and defining systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and business systems, technical, and industry requirements
• Provide efficient Empower configuration ideas and configure within setups to meet business objectives
• System Analysis to improve the data quality & data/reporting coverage
• Data Analysis and development of SQL Scripts
• Devising/ implementing new data reports for end users as requested
• Responding to ad-hoc data enquiries from data consumers/end users
• Providing advice to data consumers on what data can be provided either in data feeds or in reports
• Working with developers and subject matter experts to identify risks or compromises and facilitate adjustments needed to meet project objectives
• Participate in product release activities
• Devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems
• Supporting the IT lifecycle processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
This is an intermediate level position with a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant technical experience required.
Successful candidates will possess:
• Understanding of and experience with the mortgage banking industry
• Experience working on Black Knight’s product Empower (configuration experience preferred)
• Strong knowledge of later versions of MS SQL server technologies and ability to write complex SQL queries
• Experience working in agile framework
• Strong leadership and collaborative skills with willingness to take ownership and responsibility for multiple assignments
• Superior analytical and problem-solving and resolution skills, and ability to adapt quickly
• Self-motivation and strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to tackle challenging work situations and to resolve conflicts in a positive manner
• Strong communications (verbal and written) skills and solid technical writing experience
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Business Analysis 5 excellent
Empower LOS (Black Knight Financial) 3 good
Mortgage Banking 3 good
SQL 3 good
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Team player excellent
Communication Skills excellent
Agile 1 good
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Computers Science/ Engineering or Mathematics
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.