CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Program Manager in DC Metro Area, District Of Columbia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: DC Metro Area, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J1118-0825
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced Program Manager to support an upcoming project within our Health and Compliance business unit. This position can be located at any of our CGI offices within the Washington DC Metro area.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Directs, hires and manages team(s) of developers to produce quality software products using Agile development methods
• Responsible for setting up strong software/deliverable processes including requirements analysis and development, code reviews, automated testing environments, AGILE sprint processes, Devops processes, client engagement and review processes.
• Works closely with the client to ensure requirements are captured and products delivered
• Establishes a close and trust-based relationship with clients and corporate leadership
• Responsible for delivery of all deliverables using industry-standard project management methods
• Creates or oversee creation of detailed artifacts regarding projects and deliverables
• Works closely with senior management to ensure client and corporate goals are met
• Directs and manages the hiring of qualified staff to create an energized and cohesive team
• Responsible for the preparation of reports and deliverables for the client and corporate reviews
• Presents progress reports to clients and corporate senior management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree required in information systems or related degree, masters preferred.
• The management, leadership and administrative experience managing a contract of large size ($30 Million/year portfolio) in software development, modernization and enhancement services.
• Management of developer team of at least 50 persons. Experience working on complex integrated IT software development programs and solutions
• Experience should demonstrate the ability to work with multiple vendors in delivering software development services and products.
• Extensive knowledge in Enterprise Transformation efforts, through directing,
• Experience managing, implementing and executing business and technology related solutions and project teams with the ability to execute strategy and deliverables.
• Expertise in managing a team in delivering on all phases of the SDLC including needs,
requirements, business process and advisory services, as well as software development,
execution, and deployment.
• Experience in managing teams in Waterfall, Agile, SDLC, Dev/Ops, information security and complying with government regulations.
• Strong ability to develop strong client relationships and maintain those relationships. Demonstrated strong desire to understand and own client mission.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent.
• Experience in the securities industry is preferred particularly as it relates to software development in support of securitization of asset or mortgage-back securities.
- Programme Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.