CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Front End Developer in Denver, Colorado
Front End Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Front End Developer
City: Denver, Colorado, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0124
Employment Type: Full Time
This candidate will work within CGI’s US Human-Centered Design (HCD) to develop & prototype experiences, including digital products, UI components and pattern libraries to drive consistency across large-scale development teams in support of new feature development and enhancements.
• Work closely with clients, users and team members to develop compelling digital experiences
• Develop new user-facing features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs with the design teams
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Rapidly prototype concepts as part of a design-led team
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience in UI development for web, mobile or other interactive media
• Required Angular 7/8 (typescript/JAVA)
• Experience using Redux with Angular
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Advanced understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
• Experience working on consulting engagements
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to move projects forward and be proactive
• Experience designing for accessibility including screen readers
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and to accommodate some amount of travel under tight timeframes
• Familiarity with Agile and how design engages with Agile development teams
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.