CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Scrum Master in Denver, Colorado
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Denver, Colorado, US United States
Position ID: J0621-2091
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeing a highly motivated and dynamic Scrum Master to join our growing team!
You will be overseeing software development and business teams and working under the agile methodology.
You should have proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
Responsible for assisting the Operational Readiness and Go-Live Deployment Team in a critical system implementation to meet their delivery goals, removing impediments for the team, coordinating with other Agile and internal support teams, and acting as a facilitator, coach and protector of Agile practices.
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leads and guides the team ceremonies including Iteration Planning, Stand Ups, Backlog Refinement, Iteration Review/Retrospective. Create meeting minutes, action items, and tool updates as needed in accordance with ceremony results.
• Works to remove team impediments, and creates/escalates impediments to the Release Train Engineer/Program Manager that cannot be resolved at the team level.
• Works with the Product Owner and other development team members to perform backlog grooming.
• Ensures all team features/stories/tasks aligned and maintained in our Engineering Life Cycle Management (formerly Rational) toolset, and taskboard/backlog views available.
• Provides Agile/SAFe coaching as required to development team members.
• Participates in Agile Release Train ceremonies including Scrum Master Checkpoints, Scrum of Scrums, Backlog Refinement, etc., and coordinates across other teams on the train as needed.
• Through coaching and facilitation, you will ensure the team follows agile processes (e.g. self-directed problem solvers) and ceremonies (Daily Standups, Estimation, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and refinement & Review/Demo).
• You will help the team set realistic objectives for Feature and Sprint delivery timeframes.
• Our expectation is that you will shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method.
• Keep external stakeholders, collaborates, and other interested parties well informed on team progress and activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum 5 years of Scrum Master experience, SAFe experience preferred.
Proven experience with large scale data management and software integration projects.
Experience in project management, including financials/budget management, risk/issue mitigation
Experience evangelizing and training teams in Agile adoption
Proven experience on a project with a large number of impacted users, (i.e., at least 50 users).
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $78K-$120K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.