CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAS Administrator in Durham, North Carolina
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Database Administration
City: Durham, North Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J0421-1699
Employment Type: Full Time
Become part of a team to help a large government agency support research and statistics efforts support policy-making decisions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Provide day-to-day operation of the SAS platform, and provide project support to researchers and analysts as they use the SAS data analytics capabilities.
• Fulfill all standard SAS Administration duties such as creating users, groups, defining libraries, databases (DB2/Oracle/SQL Server/others), creating security scheme, implement security profiles, configure SAS tools on DAP, apply hot-fixes issued by SAS as appropriate, monitor DAP platform for operational status and resources, monitor security access to the platform, etc.
• Interact with users, operations teams, and SAS Support. Perform root cause analysis to provide solutions to problems.
• Assist in the design and implementation of analytic solutions.
• Perform software installations, configurations, monitoring, data migrations, upgrades, and other environmental tasks.
• Fully administer SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP), including all the products installed on the platform.
• Provide knowledge transfer to others regarding a multi-tier windows platform instance.
• Be responsible for day to day operation of the platform.
• Provide technical guidance and support to client staff currently supporting the reporting environment.
• Develop policy and procedures for the data analytics platform.
• Interface and coordinate activities SS related issues between the technical team, users, and management.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for any SAS Analytic Tools support cases and help troubleshoot analytic tool issues.
• Work with infrastructure teams for hardware concerns and ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years experience SAS software configuration including metadata on a Windows platform.
• Understand hardware and software interactions in order to optimize system performance of SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math or related degree. Master's or higher degree can be substituted for years of experience
• Experience managing multi-tier SAS platform with the following:
o Base SAS and additional statistical modules
o Enterprise Data Miner Studio (EM)
o Text Miner
o Content Categorization
o Enterprise Forecaster Studio (EF)
o Enterprise Data Management Studio including Dataflux studio (EDM)
o Visual Analytics (VA)
o Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI)
o Model Manager
o Information Retrieval studio
• SAS and OS level security knowledge, including PIV card and Active Directory Authentication.
• Experience developing and creating security schemes.
• Experience with SAS Scheduling Process.
• Experience with SSL encryption of mid-tier information preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and an effective technical writer.
• Experience with Web Application Server administration and configuration knowledge.
• Proactive self-starter.
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $72,000-$110,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.