CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Application Security Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Application Security Engineer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Cyber Security Consulting
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Apply technical expertise by implementing efficiencies, creating strategies, and communicating remediation reports and plans to better detect, counter and respond to cyber incidents within the source code.
Ability to collaborate and work in a diverse group of application and security engineers in developing solutions for complex challenges.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Day-to-day activities include working with internal CGI teams and supporting current tasks and activities of application code and the security aspects of securing the application, the access controls, data repositories, network transportation, and the client interfaces.
• Responsibilities include leading security engineering teams and producing weekly reports.
• Work closely with application managers to define security work during release planning and prioritize daily tasks.
• Participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
• Provide Tier 2/3 support for security incidents supporting clients as required.
• Continuously improve customers’ security deployments and integrate new technologies and services.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience administering Windows, Linux and/or virtual infrastructure to include installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise networks. Candidates with a Master’s degree must have at least 4 years of experience.
• An extensive understanding and experience in implementing static/dynamic testing tools, web and database security assessment tools; for example: IBM Appscan, Fortify, Checkmarx, BurpSuite, Coverity, Veracode, Appdetective, Guardium, OWASP ZAP.
• Experience with SIEM technologies and managing suite of tools such as, Splunk Enterprise Security, QRadar, HP ArcSight and LogRhythm.
• Training or experience in implementing security technologies to include; vulnerability management, antivirus, data loss prevention, encryption techniques, and network/system access controls.
• Training or experience in implementing and managing boundary defense technologies to include firewalls, web application firewall, IDS/IPS, DLP and other. Specific knowledge of Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco and Fortinet firewall appliances.
• Proven ability to work closely with customer’s network and operations team to resolve issues or security concerns of tools/services.
Understanding of Common Application Security Vulnerabilities - 3–4 years - Expert
Security Code Scanning Tools - 3–4 years - Expert
General Information Security Job Experience - 3-4 years - Very Good
Development Lifecycle and Programming - 2–3 years - Very Good
• Knowledge and experience with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Secure System Development Lifecycle (SecSDLC)
• Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security, CEH.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-53r4 Security Controls and Assessment Procedures for Federal Information Systems and Organizations, NIST SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations. Understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM).
• Prior experience in US Government SECRET or equivalent or above environments.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Security Infrastructure Supprt
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.