Application Security Engineer
Application Security Engineer
Category: Cyber Security
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0923-0520
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
The CGI Federal Offensive Security Group’s Application Security Engineering team supports a wide variety of enterprise DevSecOps processes within CGI Federal's full portfolio of Agile Release Trains. We are seeking a professional Penetration Tester with a strong background in API testing of multiple proprietary and custom-coded applications throughout their SDLC.
Our clients include multiple Federal and State Agencies, local governments, and many US-based corporations. This role works with traditional, mobile, web, and enterprise applications across the full spectrum of business requirements including health, financial, communications, record creation, case management, and more. This is a dynamic role that will allow the new member to grow their existing skills and develop new knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This work can also be performed from any of our Federal office locations. Other preferred locations are Lafayette, LA, Lebanon, VA or Knoxville, TN.
This team member will:
• Perform manual and automated vulnerability assessments on API endpoints.
• Perform DAST and SAST application security testing techniques using automated tools and manual testing (i.e., Burp Suite, OWASP ZAP, WebInspect, HP Fortify, OWASP Dependency Checker).
• Create exploit proof of concepts and report vulnerabilities to applications PMs and developers.
• Identify application security weaknesses and write recommendations for preventing or fixing them.
• Serve as SME for multiple projects at the same time.
• Review code for common security vulnerabilities.
• Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security.
• Perform vulnerability scans on container environments.
• Assist team and clients to adapt security testing requirements into Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline(s).
• Provide specialized support to the CGI Federal Red Team as needed.
• Very strong 2+ years API security testing KSA and experience.
• 3+ years penetration testing of software in development.
• Familiarity with penetration testing tools and tradecraft within on-premises, cloud, and containerized software instances.
• Conversant and knowledgeable on cybersecurity best practices, the practices themselves, where to find the practices, and a willingness to employ the practices.
• Firm understanding and support of the principals of ethical hacking.
• Strong written and verbal skills. Must be able to express security finds to both technicians and non-technical project managers.
• 2+ years on a Federal Agency’s penetration testing or red team.
• Experience with security testing for HIPPA compliance.
• Experience with security testing for financial sector compliance
• Expresses willingness to work in a team environment (meaning work together in real-time on an engagement or plan in-person or remotely).
• CI/CD security testing experience.
• Experience assessing and testing the security of containers and the application within them.
• 5+ years software development and testing (any language) or 5+ years defensive cyber operations for Federal clients.
• Demonstrated continuous learning such as recently updated personal Git repos, Hack The Box or TryHackMe dashboards showing recent activity, earned and maintained cybersecurity (either in general or tool-specific) certifications.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $73,000K- $161,600K.”
Let’s talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Cloud Native Development
Public Cloud Security
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.