CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Blockchain Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0721-1115
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI is seeking a senior blockchain engineer with a proven technical expertise to join its Emerging Technologies Practice. As a senior engineer, you will be leading, building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core blockchain based product. To succeed in this role, you should possess extensive knowledge of blockchain paradigms, know the fundamentals of cryptography, and have experience in building engineering systems that interact with the blockchain. An outstanding engineer will be able to build stable, secure systems, and have the ability to translate dense technical topics to those less versed with blockchain applications.
Members can work in Fairfax or Lebanon, VA or Lafayette, LA
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Architect, develop and deploy decentralized applications providing
permissioned access to data at both the smart contract and protocol level
• Interacting with Smart Contracts
• Oracle development (connecting "off-chain" data to the blockchain)
• Construct integration libraries to interface with our server and APIs
• Collaborate closely with the rest of the engineering team to review application requirements, help plan implementation details and estimate delivery timelines • Provide mentorship to your peers in the engineering team through education on best practices
• Participate in vision workshops and create minimum viable products to get business buy-in and demonstrate ROI.
• Write technical documentation and communicate appropriate key points to all stakeholders.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or other
• 5+ years experience as a Backend Engineer or similar role
• 2+ years experience working with blockchain technology: Hyperledger, Ethereum, Tendermint, etc.
• Knowledge of fundamental blockchain principles.
• Experience with Golang, Node.js, and other frameworks.
• Experience writing low latency, large scale distributed systems.
• Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems and good intuition for REST API design.
• Ability to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results aligned with team objectives.
• Knowledge of revision control systems.
• Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
• Must be a US citizen.
• Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure)
• Experience with Infrastructure as code using Terraform or AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM is a plus.
• Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, K8s)
• Understanding of web application design
• Previous agile scrum experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.