CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. BPM Specialist in Fairfax, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement a Contract Writing System software solution that greatly enhances Navy and Marine Corps contracting business practices, then CGI has the perfect opportunity for you as Business Process Management Specialist.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Plans, performs, and implements process improvement initiatives such as Lean or Six Sigma.
Diagrams and evaluates existing acquisition and contracting processes.
Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
Measures performance against process requirements.
Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
Provides consultation on using re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control.
Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
Communicates team progress.
Performs cost and benefit analyses.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
Master’s Degree required
• 3-6 years of relevant experience
• Adept knowledge and experience in FedRAMP requirements and guidance and in what is necessary to build compliant technology systems. Must be able to document these requirements as they relate to technology development projects and make sure the requirements are met in the SDLC process.
• Expert knowledge and experience in security and privacy and the application of Federal laws and regulations, policies, regulations, directives, industry standards, and guidelines that affect security and privacy necessary to make sure that these requirements are carefully embedded into systems and that clients are assured of system measures that protect the security and privacy of critical data records of citizens and proprietary information of offerors.
• Proficient knowledge in cybersecurity strategy and implementation plans. Must be able to articulate the strategy and plans to clients and document requirements and/or issues related to implementation of these plans for clients. Can advise clients of benefits and impacts thereof.
• Skilled at leading and/or directing teams performing business process reengineering and business requirements development and management from the beginning of the SDLC process through completion, training, and adoption. Experience in doing this for large technology projects.
• Experience with advising and consulting for large scale enterprise applications and business
adoption recommendations in keeping with organizational mission and future-oriented needs and challenges to meet mission.
• Must be able read and understand policies, mission, client environment, and budgetary issues to advise on technology strategy and direction.
• Advises clients and management of best practices in change management, technology adoption, and process change using expertise, experience, and proven tools/methods such as usability studies, focus groups, prototyping, client engagement, web technology, appropriate SDCL approaches, etc.
• Experience in working closely with clients to lead design reviews and understand business drivers to recommend technical platforms and architectures that can improve organizational processes and mission delivery effectively and efficiently.
• Experience in objectively evaluating new technologies and platforms for applicability to the organization taking into account risks, costs, and adoption barriers balanced against benefits to the organization.
• Able to analyze efficacy of agency technology programs using developed performance and benchmark measures and conducting technology audits of IT programs.
The ideal candidate has one or more of the following certifications: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Professional in Business Analysis (PIM-PBA), Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA), Accredited Management Consultant (AMA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Business Manager (CBM), Certified International Project manager (CIPM), Certified Management Consultant (CMC), Certified Manager (CM), Certified MBA (CMBA), Certified in Management (CIM), Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM), Master Certified Knowledge Management Professional (MKMP), Master Project Manager (MPM), Master Management Consultant (MMC), Professional Manager (P.Mgr), or Stanford Certified Project Manager (SCPM)
Desired Specific Skills: Expert in Federal contracting/acquisition laws/regulations, FEDRAMP, and cybersecurity guidelines/plans; BPR
Desired Technical Skills: SDLC; MS Project; WBS analysis; prototyping; Agile, Iterative/spiral, and Waterfall development knowledge
Desired Emerging Tech Experience: Cloud, Web, Secure Mobile apps, Cybersecurity threats, Anti-fraud techniques
Desired Additional Education: DoD 5000 series and Navy Comptroller Manual
- Bus Process Analysis & ProcMap
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.