CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0421-1868
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
The ideal candidate for this position is a problem solver. As a Business Analyst, you will use your knowledge, skills, and abilities to solve organizational information challenges and will use your critical thinking skills to identify client requirements and translate those into detailed instructions for your development team to execute. The ideal Business Analyst also has strong writing and communication skills, and is able to build relationships with both their team members and client stakeholders.
You will closely work with client business owners/stakeholders to understand their vision, document it and help identifying the priority and business value of the features. You may also work as product owner in an Agile environment to write the user stories, acceptance criteria, backlog grooming and prepare required items to support release/PI planning.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
With direction from the CGI Program Manager and in collaboration with team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Analyzing business and user needs and document requirements.
• Working with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate the business vision, to envision initial requirements, and to scope the project
• Gathering high-level requirements (business, functional and technical) using collaborative, face-to-face workshops with the customers, stakeholders and the development team
• Working with stakeholders to translate the requirements into user stories that are understandable by developers
• Working with business owners and development team to bridge the gap in understanding the vision and requirements
• Helping in Domain Modelling, Feature Analysis and Dependency Analysis
• Prioritizing product backlog in collaboration with the client Product Owner
• Conducting planning and review meetings with the team and business stakeholders
• Working with UX Specialist in creating story board to facilitate in vision elaboration
• Preparing meeting minutes to be distributed to a variety of audiences and participants
• Validating and Verifying user stories for accuracy and completeness
• Preparing and maintaining project deliverables, documents and artifacts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 6 years of relevant technical experience required (with Bachelor’s degree), 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 2 years with a PHD.
• Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication skills, coupled with strategic thinking skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Expertise in conceptual modeling; ability to see the big picture and envision possible solutions
• Strong demonstrated successful experience in user story creation or other analytical methods to extract and document requirements within a technical or housing financial market industry
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to ask strong questions to help the team in better understanding of the requirements
• Excellent working knowledge of Agile Application Lifecycle Management tools like JIRA, Rally etc.
• Strong understanding of various Agile development methodologies
• Ability to tackle challenging work independently or in a team environment
• Strong client relationships skills necessary to build trust and work well with clients
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification
• Due to the nature of the government contract , US Citizenship is required
Desired Qualifications but not Mandatory
Experience with Scaled Agile (preferably SAFe) implementations
SAFe Certified Product Owner
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.