CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Unit Security Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Business Unit Security Lead
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI Federal, a leader in IT service outsourcing is seeking a Business Unit Security Leader (BUSL) to support the Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) business unit. The BUSL is a leadership position, reporting directly to the Security Director for CGI Federal. The role will focus on all aspects of corporate security, with a focus on emerging technology. The BUSL is the primary security point of contact (POC) to support ETP in executing CGI security requirements, responsible for the overall security posture of ETP, and supporting and responding to client security needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The BUSL manages the implementation of internal policies, procedures, and standards within ETP.
• Identifying, assessing and mitigating security risks
• Ensuring that CGI security policies are standards are applied early to internal and shared (multi-client) systems
• Requesting and managing security exception requests
• Responsible for security audits within ETP, ensuring alignment with requirements
• Evaluating and supporting client proposals
• Provide guidance and advice to BU management and members with regard to the CGI security program (scope covers Information Security/Cybersecurity, Privacy, Physical, BCP, IP protection, Insider Threat & member protection)
• Oversee the management of security incidents (including client incidents as needed)
• Establishing and maintaining BU crisis management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelors degree plus a minimum of eight or more years in an information security role or equivalent experience in lieu of education
• Familiarity with Secure Software Development
• Cloud engineering and/or operations proficiency
• Cloud security and risk management experience
• Ability to work in a high-stress, often fast paced environment – occasionally extending beyond the traditional work schedule
• Experience with contract reviews based on best practices and company policy
• Understanding of risk management principles
• Experience with security incident response
• A results-focused approach to work which values service quality, economy and collaboration
• Demonstrated judgment and executive presence
• Must be capable of operating with little to no supervision
• Security related certifications are a plus (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.)
• Cloud certifications are a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.