CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud IT Operations Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Cloud IT Operations Lead
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud IT Operations Lead
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0121-2497
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud IT Operations Lead supporting shared services PMO. You will enhance the cyber security posture of numerous civilian government agencies through the DHS CDM DEFEND program. You will support a team that actively identifies and mitigates a wide range of cyber risks and will work closely with a wide variety of agencies, learning their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges.
• Serve as the CGI IT Operations Lead for the shared services platform that is hosted in public cloud that delivers capabilities and services for a major cyber security program.
• Supply leadership and guidance to all contract personnel for DHS and other targeted agencies and organizations participating in the program.
• The candidate will lead cloud operations team, including Network Engineers, System Administrators and Help Desk personnel.
• Collaborate with engineering team and agency implementation teams in supporting each CDM client agency.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead IT operations for shared service platform in a cloud environment.
• As the Operations Lead, will be responsible for system administration, patching, scanning, upgrading of infrastructure components and services.
• Responsible for setting-up efficient operational processes and enforcing them.
• Draft Service Level Objectives for internal monitoring and process metrics. Track and periodically report these metrics to stakeholders.
• Monitor and track the operational Service Level Agreements (SLAs), if any, for specific environments and agencies.
• Provide functional leadership for a team of operational personnel.
• Drive automation to achieve service level operational efficiencies that include threshold based monitoring, alerts management and auto-remediation.
• Collaborate with the build and engineering teams in the release planning cadence for new platform deployments.
• Document and implement the needed security and operational processes for supporting NIST 800-53 controls.
• Coach and mentor team for continuous improvement and optimization of production operations.
• Participate in overall CDM delivery process discussions and lead needed platform customizations and configurations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 8-10 years of experience in leading IT operations.
• Hands-on experience in system administration, system monitoring and system security.
• Working experience in secure environments: FedRAMP Moderate or High.
• Good understanding of FISMA operational framework.
• Extensive knowledge in monitoring best practices.
• Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, especially Kanban.
• Public cloud experience – AWS preferred.
• Prior experience working for/on federal clients.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.