CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Configuration Management Build Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Configuration Management Build Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Configuration Management Build Engineer
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0220-0250
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for a Configuration Management Build Engineer (CM BE) who can be part of a large team in a dynamic and changing environment. The CM BE will assist the project teams in all phases of the SDLC with their server administration needs as well as software configuration management and delivery. The CM BE will ensure that the project teams are adhering to the Configuration Management Plan and corresponding organizational processes at CMMI Maturity Level 5.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain and support source code repository (SVN, GitHub, etc.) system and server
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
• Perform repository branching and merging
• Perform iterative builds, releases and environment setups and validations
• Provide and maintain delivery packages, artifacts and CIs
• Maintain CM documentation, VM servers, operations, configuration, and other processes and procedure
• Plan, coordinate, communicate, manage and complete deployments, service requests and system builds/refresh
• Maintain JIRA-SVN-Jenkins interface and other plug-ins
• Technology/Tools: (Required Experience)
o Windows, UNIX, Linux, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle, Informatica, Subversion, ANT, JIRA, Eclipse
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of experience in software development and/or systems administration
• 3+ years of Unix administration with Solaris
• 3+ years of installing, configuring, maintaining, and deploying to WebSphere Application Server
• 2+ years of LAN/WAN support
• 3+ years of SVN/GitHub administration and version control/Configuration Management experience
• 3+ years of build and continuous integration using ANT/Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, etc.
• 3+ years of JIRA and plug-ins change management
• 3+ years of working knowledge of Microsoft tools such as Excel, WORD, Power Point, Visio, etc.
• Experience performing system level analysis
• Experience in full SDLC including development, testing, implementation, delivery and operations support
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work both with a team and independently
• Effective and efficient time management and multi-tasking
• Understanding of Java EE and Web application development
• Understanding of n-tier application design, SOA design and implementation
• Familiarity with testing methodologies, automated testing, continuous integration and DevOps
• Working knowledge of Oracle and RDBMS in general. UNIX and IBM WebSphere certifications preferred
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Installation and maintenance of Oracle 12C database and Informatica system/client
• Administration of AWS EC2 cloud
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.