Category: Legal Affairs
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0224-0388
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a strong Contracts Director to support our National Security Justice Business Unit:
• Highly successful company committed to the interests of clients, shareholders, and members
• Flexibility with regard to day-to-day work location
• Minimal travel required
• Collaborative work environment
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Culture that respects the individual and embraces inclusion
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manages a staff of contracts and subcontracts professionals at varying levels.
• Partners with the executive-level leadership to ensure a successful balance of risk and business opportunity.
• Actively participates in key, high-level strategy discussions with the ability to influence decisions and significantly impact the organization.
• Provides problem resolution and counsel to executive level management on strategic and complex contractual issues
• Analyzes and communicates new laws, regulations and contract/market trends
• Develops and negotiates complex proposal related partner agreements
• Develops significant working and influential relationships with key Govt. clients at senior levels
• Provides counsel to junior contract and acquisition professionals on negotiation and risk identification and management
• Supports compliance with corporate risk directives including review of proposals and contracts
• Supports audits and other corporate compliance activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
BA/BS in related field
• 10 years of progressive relevant work experience in Federal acquisitions, with a significant portion of that in management
• Demonstrated ability in dealing with business and risk situations resulting in a positive outcome
• Ability to apply long and short-term financial and analytical practices
• Deep knowledge of Federal acquisition concepts and applicable agency acquisition law and regulations.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Effectively handle multiple demands, leverages resources appropriately.
• Excellent written communication skills - can organize complex materials and concepts in a manner that is clear and logical, succinct presentation skills
• Excellent verbal communication - clear, concise, persuasive; Builds consensus through speaking; Polished, professional style
• Recognized leader and role model, Proven motivational and leadership skills
• Demonstrated staff management experience, to include annual performance evaluations, ability to adjust staffing levels and workload, strong skills assessment, and mentoring.
• Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
• Maintain calm, professional demeanor at all times
• Deep understanding of Federal acquisition market
• Demonstrated strong working relationships with senior level Governmental clients
• Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable contract law.
• Ability to meet deadlines that require quick turnaround.
• Ability to manage a wide variety of projects
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe including editing functions, and MS SharePoint.
Let’s talk about benefits
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $119,500-$258,900.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.