CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Corporate Tax Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Corporate Tax Analyst
Find similar career opportunities
Corporate Tax Analyst
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0219-0780
Employment Type: Full Time
The Corporate Tax Analyst is a valued member of the US Tax team and will be responsible for assisting in the execution of US Tax Compliance to include: income/franchise tax, property tax, business license and gross receipts taxes and other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain timely, accurate and reliable fixed asset information for tax books
• Prepare work papers and tax returns for Income/Franchise, Property Tax and Business License/Gross Receipts
• Support Tax payment process including, completing workpapers and payment vouchers, entering payments in payment systems, preparing related journal entries to record tax payments made, reconciling tax payment accounts.
• Support Audit Function thru gathering related tax returns, and associated work papers to respond to audit requests for information
• Reviewing/Researching tax inquiries and notices and propose solutions to resolve issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors degree (Accounting preferred) plus 0-2 years of experience. Must understand Debits and Credits! Self starter with strong accounting, analytical, and problem solving skills,
• Demonstrated knowledge related to tax accounting and compliance. Specifically, must be able to show comprehensive understanding of fixed asset cost recovery rules for tax purposes,
• Well organized, hands on and detailed oriented. Able to manage time and workflow to meet multiple deadlines. Good project management skills,
• Ability to recognize, understand and analyze complex tax issues,
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively will all levels of management, and
• Proficient computer skills including knowledge of CCH ProSystem Fixed Assets, OneSource Income Tax, Excel, and ERP systems (PSA, Costpoint and Hyperion).
Preference given to candidates with CPA certification and previous experience with a public accounting or Corporate Tax Department.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.