CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cyber Information Assurance Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
Category: Cyber Security
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J1221-3572
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Best version of me
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing team of information security experts as we transform, enhance, and expand the security program for one of the largest information technology providers in the world. You will join the Security Advisory Services team supporting governance, risk, and compliance consulting services as well as security service delivery to a Federal government client. The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of current security requirements around agency authorizations as well as the ability to identify and apply legal, regulatory, and agency-specific security requirements. You will help our clients define and deploy effective security solutions and strategies while addressing ever-changing regulatory and industry compliance challenges. You must be able to collaborate with a variety of technical and management disciplines including infrastructure and security architecture, security operations, application development, project managers, product owners, and others.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Cyber Information Security Analyst include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security design, implementation, management and review of policies, standards, baselines, procedures, and guidelines are established and followed. Understand the business functions to help ensure business is conducted as securely as possible.
• Create and review documentation to support Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
• Identify, manage and monitor POA&Ms, assisting Business Units or Clients in improving the quality and effectiveness of their POAMs. Provide guidance through remediation as well as develop corrective action plans for each POA&Ms.
• Provide continuous monitoring and event-driven monitoring management services to include running adhoc or on demand scanning of project teams environment. Identify assets and associated vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for remediation. Ensure audit records and event logs are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies) Document security breaches and assess their damage.
• Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware; manage changes to system and assess the security impact of those changes.
• Work with multiple teams and client project team members and establish and maintain a strong customer-focused working relationship. Assist the System Owner operate the system as securely as possible to fulfill mission requirements.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent security activities.
• Keep up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
• Provide detailed and accurate technical reporting of analysis results in the form of PowerPoint presentations and/or Word documents, as well as oral briefings on complex technical subjects attuned to senior management, technical, or non-technical audiences.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education or Experience:
• Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of Cyber Information Security Analysis.
• Experience with FISMA and NIST compliance;
• Experience with cloud security for AWS, and Azure environments;
• Experience with network architecture concepts, common ports and protocols, and network monitoring tools;
• Experience with writing clear and concise technical documents specifically policies, processes, and procedural documentation;
• Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously with attention to detail and processes;
• Excellent communication skills with experience providing incident briefings to peers, management and clients;
• Excellent written skills with experience creating formal incident reports.
• Industry recognized professional certification such as Network+, Security• Experience with NIST 800-53 rev4 and 5
• Experience in information security testing (e.g., penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and technical security assessments
• Hands on experience with one or more of the following tools (or comparable tool): Nessus, Burp, ZAP, Fortify, OWASP Dependency Check, Chef tools such as Inspec, Jenkins, AppDetective, Guardium, Splunk, Heimdall-Lite, BigFix, SIEM tools
“As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations”.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.