CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Loss Protection Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Data Loss Protection Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Data Loss Protection Engineer
Category: Cyber Security
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2976
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI Federal is seeking a Data Loss Protection Engineer to join our dynamic and highly skilled team of engineers supporting the DHS CDM (Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation) DEFEND C program. We are looking for an experienced and hands-on subject matter expert (SME) to support our technical team in identifying key data protection strategies for the supported federal agencies. You will enhance the cyber security posture of the agencies through improved implementation and enhancement of network monitoring and control tools and processes. You will actively identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks and will work closely with a variety of agency stakeholders, supporting their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Supporting clients in designing, implementing and maintaining data security solutions and mitigating potential threats of data compromise.
• Providing reporting and analysis on incidents and events within the data protection environment, as well as remediate incidents.
• Providing incident and policy analysis for existing controls and help drive greater data visibility and loss prevention technologies in the information security environment.
• Developing and supporting data classification policies and strategies for addressing data encryption requirements to include DRM and advanced data protection techniques, such as data masking, tokenization, P2P encryption, etc.
• Evaluating existing technologies with the CDM technical team, including developing technical requirements, evaluating solutions and developing architecture and design documents for data protection and data security solutions.
• Documenting, maintaining and managing DLP (host and Network) existing equipment, software and tools.
• Managing DLP rules based on customer policies and procedures.
• Preparing and maintaining solution documentation, including security, configuration and CONOPS.
• Working closely with engineering and test teams and participate in technical and meetings with Agency technical specialists.
• Working with Service Delivery teams in developing agency-specific designs and policies to include working directly with agency technical and security SMEs.
• Documenting, publishing and maintaining a knowledge base of information pertaining to the functionality, processes and procedures related to the tools.
• Supporting agencies via local travel in the DC Metro area and may occasionally travel to other continental US sites.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required as well as successful passing of CGI background check prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience. Four additional years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree.
• Experience with enterprise of security software with proven skills within data security and information security including digital rights management (DRM), encryption, key management, access control, cloud security and PKI technologies.
• Operational expertise in deploying data protection technologies including Virtru, Titus and Symantec DLP, particularly in a Google Workspace.
• Expertise and demonstrated proficiency with major operating systems (Windows, UNIX and Linux).
• Expertise with storage systems, database management systems and security.
• Experience with scripting using RESTful API, PowerShell and Python.
• Understanding of enterprise services to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, networks and end point security.
• Experience with Secure Development Lifecycle (DevSecOps).
• Experience with Risk Management and Security regulations for Data (FIPS-140-2, PCI, Common Criteria, NIST and OMB Circular A-130).
• Must be able to work with other team members and groups, work with competing priorities and possess strong customer focus.
• Attention to detail coupled with effective analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+ or CEH.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
• Experience with the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.