Director Business Development, Department of State/USAID
Director Business Development, Department of State/USAID
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0823-0882
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Business Development Lead to pursue new business, expand existing business, and develop relationships at the "CXO" level within Department of Energy, USAID, or Department of State. The successful candidate is a go-getter who can drive the process to sell CGI's services and solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build positive client relationships to better understand and proactively respond to their needs, promote CGI full services offerings, and help clients meet their strategic and tactical goals.
• Act as CGI lead, trusted advisor and business partner in identifying client needs and developing business process and technology solutions that solve critical issues and support organizational priorities.
• Work in partnership with CGI Business Units (BU) Opportunity Leads and Proposal Managers to develop and implement detailed win strategies and tactics, holding main responsibility for the pre-RFP capture/marketing effort with internal and external teammates.
• Respond to request for information (RFI) or sources sought requests as appropriate, coordinating the requisite resources needed for a response and ensuring the right message is conveyed for the RFI response, and in consideration of CGI Federal’s win strategy.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant technical field
• 10+ years in a federal business development or capture management role with a history of closing new business pursuits
• Experience and passion for developing "white space" opportunities
• Strong relationships within Department of Energy, USAID or Department of State highly preferred
• Experience selling Applications Management, Systems Integration and Consulting, Infrastructure and Business Process Outsourcing
• Possess relationships with firms doing business with federal clients and ability to form teaming partnerships.
• Ability to constructively influence and interact at the highest levels of the company and in target customer agencies.
• Demonstrable ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management, with a particular focus on understanding how to demonstrate technology differentiators.
• Attention to detail, and strong communication, negotiation, client facing and client relationship building skills.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $131,000-$291,000.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.