CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director of Product Architecture in Fairfax, Virginia
Director of Product Architecture
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Director of Product Architecture
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1020-1090
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is continually evolving and modernization our product portfolio, and we are seeking a heightened level of innovation within our team by introducing new concepts, new opportunities, and new energy. We believe that change is good and that it is only by continually challenging the status quo that an organization strengthens itself and its products. We also believe that our product portfolio benefits from leadership focused on modernizing the technology, the architectural construct, and the thinking around what it means to be a product. For this reason, we have decided that this is the optimal time to seek a new Director for our Product Architecture team.
To be successful in this role, this person must:
• Think creatively and holistically across a portfolio of interwoven products, patterns, and technologies
• Thrive on change and not be afraid to take risks
• Influence and obtain buy-in to architecture roadmaps and business cases across all levels of the organization
• See the “big picture”, evaluate the long-term and short-term options, and expose the risk to the business in these different views
• Demonstrate executive maturity to ensure that the product portfolio maintains forward progress in its modernization
• Deliver results in a constantly shifting environment
This person will not only be responsible for the evolution and modernization of our product portfolio, but also for the maturity and sponsorship of the Architecture team members. CGI Federal values its members as one of its most important assets. The successful candidate must have the ability to ensure that this team of highly technical, highly dedicated, and geographically distributed individuals continues to work as a productive, cohesive unit.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Inspire a team multi-discipline software architects responsible for delivering a portfolio of COTS products
• Lead the development of technical packages necessary as part of investment business cases to gain funding for product evolution and modernization
• Spearhead our product modernization program through definition of actionable roadmaps that allow clear tracking of progress toward objectives
• Work with Architecture team leaders and the VP of Solution Development to assign work, evaluate architecture plans, manage risk, and support the team in the execution of their responsibilities
• Work closely with Product Management, Product Engineering, and Process Management teams for the successful management and delivery of our COTS programs
• Provide day-to-day team leadership, including forecasting/budgeting, training plans, personnel reviews, recruiting and staffing, and general team administration/management
• Ensure that our approved technology list and associated licensing agreements are current and effectively represent our product requirements
• Support business development and customer initiatives as required for the success of our overall business
• Continuously evaluate and evolve our architecture capability to seek improvements, both technically and operationally
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 15 years experience in the development and delivery of enterprise software products
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the management of complex technology programs
• History of successful management of highly technical resources
• Proven track record of building strong, collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization – from entry level to executive
• Experience with the SAFe/Agile methodology
• Optimistic, energetic, and able to foster an open, positive working environment for a highly diverse team
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with the savvy to know when and how to use them
• Certified with TOGAF, RCDA, or other architecture framework
• Experience working with a remote team
• Experience in commercial and Federal customer delivery
• Understanding of Federal financial, acquisition, asset management, and/or technology management business areas
SAFe AgileSoftware Engineering
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.