CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director Operations in Fairfax, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0619-0880
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is searching for a Director for our Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) in Fairfax, VA. This person will be responsible for leading the Managed Services Network Operations Center (NOC) and the Security Operations Center (SOC) tied to solutions for CGI Federal.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In this role, you will provide strategic direction regarding the technologies leveraged in our portfolio of offerings as well as strategic direction on the development and maintenance of software solutions for CGI’s internal and external clients. As part of the executive team, you will also be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with the business units inside both CGI Federal and our partner hosting cloud providers.
This position requires a good understanding of government FedRAMP and NIST security controls (CISSP certification preferred) and experience managing a 24x7 operations center and security monitoring organization.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US citizenship.
• A Bachelor’s degree with minimum 10+ years of work experience in the IT field.
• Experience managing geographically dispersed teams of networking security and operations engineers
• Experience defining security and operations strategy and roadmap
• Experience with system deployment and monitoring best practices (ITIL)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be proficient developing and delivering presentations on solution and business case/value to Federal IT executives and managers.
• Self-directed style
• Experience working hands on to set priorities, define releases, manage tradeoff discussions, and interface with delivery teams
• Ability to develop shared service offerings in an IT service provider (Cloud) environment. Knowledge of Federal Government a plus. (Azure or AWS certifications a plus)
• Exposure to Agile Development and DevOps
• Ability to clearly articulate technology concepts to a business audience
• Manage third party vendors and partners that integrate with the products
• Motivate people and teams, and trigger cross-functional collaboration
• Identify and direct process improvement activities
• Previous consulting experience is a plus
• Willingness to think deeply about a complex problem domain
• Strong business acumen and possession of a positive attitude, communications savvy and effectiveness (complex collaboration, diplomacy, tact)
Master's Degree in Technical or Business discipline a plus.
• Experience working in strategic governmental operations client (e.g., OMB, GSA, GAO, NIST, OSD) or complex cabinet-level agency a plus.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, using initiative to anticipate needs in areas of responsibility
• Business acumen and possession of a positive attitude
Agile & DevOps
Network Operations Control
Security Monitoring AI
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.