Earned Value Management- Manager
Earned Value Management- Manager
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0923-0393
Employment Type: Full Time
This position is contingent upon contract award
We are seeking a highly motivated knowledgeable EVM Manager in the PMO to lead the EIA-748 EVM Implementation and provide expertise, guidance and support to our PMs, Control Account Managers, EVM Analysts, and Schedulers for one of our major customers. This position will direct and provide hands on support in the implementation of the EVMS (people, processes, and tools), such as supporting: scheduling/planning efforts, cost estimating, performance status updates, variance analysis, performance reporting, and corrective actions. This position will report to the CGI Federal EVMO office and will be located out of our Fairfax, VA office in support of a highly visible contract. The successful candidate will be capable of applying project management, technical, business knowledge and judgment in the application of earned value management. In doing so, you will also…
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide earned value implementation expertise and support in development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748 standards.
• Work with EVM&PS CoE to keep EVMS aligned with CGI EVM System Description, current EIA 748 standards and government guidance by supporting development and maintenance of artifacts required to support the Project in the EVMS; Schedules, CWBS, baseline changes, ETC/EACs, EVM reporting, etc.
• Coordinate, plan, train, and facilitate the execution of the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR)
• Coordinate closely with management to ensure the EVMS processes are consistent with the program’s reporting requirements.
• Interact with CGI EVM&PS CoE, Project Management Office, technical leads, contracts and subcontractors to ensure that project contract scope, cost and schedule requirements are met.
• Provide planning support - Responsibilities include supporting the scheduling activities to ensure horizontal and vertical traceability throughout the program, and maintaining & enforcing scheduling standards by assisting CAMs with status updates and updates to remaining work for the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Support baselining effort - Development and maintenance of program budget baselines including baseline change control documentation.
• Support variance analysis – Supporting CAMs to provide monthly analysis of any cost and schedule variances against the baseline when variances exceed a predetermined threshold.
• Provide cost estimating support – Supporting the CAMs in developing labor, travel, and procurement estimates. Facilitate the development of estimate to complete (ETC)/estimate at completion (EAC) updates and EAC analysis (TCPI vs. CPI and statistical EACs)
• Assist in developing and delivering training to educate CAMs on processes and procedures.
• Interact routinely with client on EVM related inquiries, and develop strong relationships with customer program office.
• Develop strong relationships with CAMs and serve as the “go to” person for any EVM related questions and issues.
• Manage own timelines to support projects in a deadline driven environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor's Degree in related field.
• 10 years of EVM experience.
• 8 to 10 years of management/supervisory experience
• A strong program management knowledge and background experience.
• A strong background supporting large software development and implementation projects with EIA-748 requirements.
• Minimum requirement, must be able to pass a background check to start, must be clearable to Government Agency Investigation - Public Trust.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team to resolve issues and present solutions.
• Highly motivated self-starter, capable of independent operations and attention to detail
• Proficiency in the use of project management scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
• Mastery in the use of earned value management software such as Deltek Cobra.
• Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Sharepoint
• Experience assisting with the upkeep of EVM related documentation, training, tools, templates, etc.
• Experience training or assisting with training one-on-one and small/medium teams.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience implementing EVM in an Agile environment
• A strong knowledge of development of estimate at completions and basis of estimates (BOEs)
• A strong knowledge of root-cause analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to review and assess the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
• Demonstrated experience participating/conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews
• Demonstrated oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired
• Earned Value Professional (EVP) certification is highly desired
• Working knowledge of Deltek Acumen
• Working knowledge of schedule risk assessments (SRA)
• Working knowledge of scheduling analysis tools
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000-$181,800.
Let’s talk about benefits
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
- Earned Value Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.