CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Entry Level Business Systems Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Entry Level Business Systems Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
CGI is seeking students interested in careers in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Our Entry-Level Business Analysts typically have a demonstrated interest in technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. Business Analysts will be placed on one of our many projects and could be doing a number of different tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Business Analysis: Developing knowledge of a client’s industry, customers, organization and business objectives in order to help the client in a problem-solving role. Assessing user requirements, procedures and problems to create or improve a system.
• User Support Analysis: Providing quality client support by answering client questions, researching possible solutions to problems, and fostering open communication between the client and the CGI project team. Tracking software and documentation defects, performing application maintenance, and providing onsite consulting and training as required.
• System Testing: Working with system developers and designers to identify, diagnose, and document problems and errors in specific components of a system. Assessing how well a product adheres to its design, standards, as well as its usability and ability to meet business needs.
• Decision Analysis: Applying quantitative methods to study and make recommendations regarding various business issues, including credit risk management, customer profitability, resource allocation and optimization, and customer segmentation.
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in a team oriented atmosphere
• Exposure to business issues and challenges
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you’ll need:
• Academic background in computer science, computer engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content
• Experience with C++, J2EE, Java, C# and/or .Net development
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• 3.0 GPA is preferred
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelors degree required
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.