CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Financial Management Subject Matter Expert in Fairfax, Virginia
Financial Management Subject Matter Expert
Find similar career opportunities
Financial Management Subject Matter Expert
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0619-0402
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced business analyst to work in Fairfax, VA. In this role you will support the project by providing your expertise, guidance, consultation, facilitation, and thought leadership to the client and project team. We are looking for a candidate who has experience with federal financial management, using the Momentum application. The position requires hands-on experience in multiple functional areas within federal government financial management.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the client. Continue to develop client relationship such that CGI is positioned in a trusted advisor capacity.
• Conduct analysis on problems independently, research and recommend solution alternatives, and execute remedial steps to address business process gaps, data issues, and external interface issues.
• Evaluate legislative mandates and system enhancements to assess and document impacts to the agency’s Momentum implementation
• Participate in business development activities such as deriving solution/approach for estimates and proposals. Help derive levels of effort and duration estimates.
• Demonstrate and provide leadership qualities such as accountability, responsibility, initiative, commitment, and flexibility. Contribute to overall staff development by being an active team member/player.
• Provide support such as developing conversion strategies, test scenarios, reporting requirements, and performing validation testing for the core Momentum application and reports.
• Provide support for implementation activities, such as requirements analysis, development of business impact, design and configuration document, system testing, support client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) effort
• Daily interaction with the client and project management and leadership.
• Participates in special projects as required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant federal financial system experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Momentum Financials.
• Experience with federal accounting principles.
• Excellent oral and written communication capabilities and techniques (working side-by-side with government counterparts).
• Self-starter, quick learner, and team player. Must be able to work in a team environment.
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Acquisitions / contract writing experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient in SQL
• Data migration/conversion
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.