CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Financial Services Growth Leader in Fairfax, Virginia
Financial Services Growth Leader
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Financial Services Growth Leader
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0721-2212
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a senior commercial account leader to represent CGI—someone well-networked in DC and Northern Virginia, polished, deeply conversant in business and technology concerns, ambitious and growth-oriented. This leader will engage high-level client executives, taking full ownership of an anchor retail financial services account, and influencing CGI’s prospecting and growth with other target clients.
• This person will actively participate in local forums and events, enhancing CGI’s visibility, thought leadership, and recognition in the National Capital Region
• A dynamic, quick study, this leader will rapidly assimilate information and market intelligence on CGI’s capabilities and our clients’ and prospects’ strategies and needs
• This account leader will exhibit business vision, helping to shape and execute our growth agenda, navigating a unique capital-area ecosystem with dexterity and finesse
• The role requires relationship-building, an ability to establish credibility and trust, and resolute follow-through on CGI’s commitments
• Conversancy in retail financial services will be essential for success
• This leader will help to position CGI’s technology and business advisory services and delivery capabilities—building and maintaining a strong pipeline of new opportunities
• This individual will collaborate with our advisory, delivery, and product teams in the U.S. and abroad, bringing the best of our global offerings and capabilities to bear
• A natural leader, this person will set the tone for virtual and face-to-face interactions, including our participation in community events
• This person will exemplify CGI’s values and help us to attract diverse, equitable, and inclusive talent to our growing member base of approximately 3,500 local members
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Client relationship management, including performance against customer satisfaction targets
• Business development, including performance against growth- and margin-related targets
• Account management, including attracting diverse and capable talent to grow our client-facing teams
• Thought leadership, including articulating a vision for the rapidly evolving retail financial services industry and ecosystems
• Mastery of CGI’s offerings and capabilities, including conversancy in our innovative solutions and methodologies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong knowledge of the DC and Northern Virginia commercial landscape and solid connections in a variety of organizations and settings
• Poise, polish, and professionalism sufficient to engage and build confidence with C-level financial services executives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an appreciation for nuance and a high degree of comfort engaging with financial services clients
• Business consulting expertise, including an understanding of the operations of financial institutions (e.g., banks, credit unions)
• A strong appetite for learning and continuous professional development, including regular refresh as to market and industry dynamics
• Autonomy and independence, including taking ownership of responsibilities and executing commitments reliably, in a timely fashion, and with a high degree of professionalism and quality
• Attention to detail, including taking exceptional care in client communications and exhibiting follow-through on all commitments
• Experience working with complex information technology engagements, including high-end advisory services, IP solution implementations and ongoing operations, and new development and delivery
• Strong people skills: able to interact effectively at all levels, including with executive business clients and senior business and technology leaders
• A keen intellect, superior conceptual and analytical thinking, and a passion for solving problems and capitalizing on opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional and virtual teams
• Account Management 5 years
• Business Development 5 years
• Engagement Management 5-10 years
• Client Relationship Management 5-10 years
• Communication expertise
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Retail financial services domain expertise (banks, credit unions) - 4 years or more
• Experience with cloud solutions and application modernization
• PMP and Agile certifications
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Service Delivery Management
PMI Project Management Prof
Misc Banking & Financial Mkts
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.