Government Financial Management Consultant
Government Financial Management Consultant
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J1023-1336
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is actively seeking a Government Financial Management Consultant to lead a team of business consultants in providing strategic and financial advice to clients in the federal government. This includes helping clients with improving their finance and accounting business and systems processes, developing and implementing financial strategies, improving client’s financial performance, and complying with federal accounting regulations. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of federal accounting and financial management, as well as experience in working with CFOs and other senior financial executives in the federal government. This is a great client-facing opportunity to expand your federal financial management and consulting experience.
The position is located in Fairfax, VA at the CGI office, but hybrid work from home, office, or client site in Washington, DC is acceptable.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead a team of business consultants in providing strategic and financial advice to clients in the federal government
• Conduct financial assessments and gap analyses to identify client needs
• Conduct business process reengineering (BPR) including analyzing current state, recommending improvements, and assisting with implementing
• Support financial statement audit preparation including identifying issues and opportunities for data cleansing
• Perform general ledger analysis and reconciliation, identifying transactional issues and recommending solutions.
• Document issues and resolutions, process maps, standard operating procedures, as well as other documentation as needed clearly and concisely
• Manage project schedule and report out status of each task area, risks, issues, and items requiring management attention
• Develop and recommend financial solutions to address client needs
• Manage financial consulting projects from start to finish
• Provide training and support to clients on new solutions or processes
• Develop and maintain strong, trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders
• Identify and develop new business opportunities in the federal CFO advisory space
• Develop and execute business development plans
• Lead and mentor members of the business consulting team
• Stay up-to-date on the latest federal accounting regulations and best practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
-• Business degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
• Significant experience in financial consulting or a related field, with a focus on the federal government sector
• Deep understanding of federal accounting and financial management regulations
• Experience working with CFOs or other senior financial executives in the federal government
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong Analytical/Critical thinker with a learning agility
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience in business development and managing members is a must
• Business Consulting Acumen
• Business Process Reengineering (BPR) experience
• Direct client-facing experience
• Emotional Intelligence
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Project, Excel)
• CGFM or CPA
• Master's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
• Momentum Financials experience
• Project Management
• Change Management experience
• Member Management
• SAP Business Analytics
• Functional experience with Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps)
• Functional experience with Robotic process automation (RPA) or other automation experience
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,300 - $204,600.
Business Process Analysis
Business Process Consulting
Business Process Reengineering
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.