IAM Engineer - U.S. Citizenship Required
IAM Engineer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Category: Cyber Security
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J1123-0190
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 90,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an IAM Engineer to join a CDM shared services program. You will be part of a team of cyber security working to improve the security posture of a wide range of agencies by identifying and mitigating cyber risks. The IAM Engineer will support Identity as a Service (IDaaS) and Identity and Access Management (IDAM) services and is a consultant-engineering role responsible for performing system implementation, integration, and support activities. The IAM Engineer role is the face of client delivery and is critical to delivery of services and managing client expectations day-to-day.
This position is located in our Fairfax, VA office; however a hybrid working model is acceptable. You will be required to be in our Fairfax, VA office two days per week.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in architectural reviews and development as an IAM subject matter expert.
• Design, develop, test, implement and document workflows, custom connectors and other custom software to meet client requirements.
• Follow software design and development principles and best practices aligned with agency System Design Life Cycle (SDLC) (waterfall, Agile, iterative, hybrid, etc.).
• Direct communication with a variety of client stakeholders.
• Train and support junior IAM Engineers to learn cybersecurity tools and processes.
• Document user guides and training material to support development and deployment tasks.
• Implement Role-based Access Control (RBAC) frameworks and least privileged access models based on top down/bottom up models.
• Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks.
• Provide tier 2/3 support (potentially after hours/on call) for incidents relating to security tools/solutions.
• Hands-on administration, implementation and configuration of security tools to enhance the risk posture of customer networks.
• Apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents by prioritizing mitigation actions.
• Support IAM program requirements at federal agency client sites throughout the DC metro area.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline and 5-8 years of related work experience.
• 3+ years of IT solution development, configuration, testing and implementation experience with IAM products.
• Must have 2+ years of experience with Okta, EntraID or SavyInt
• Working knowledge of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and directory structures.
• Experience in process definition, workflow design and process mapping.
• Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of client deliverables to include technical documentation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and initiative to set goals and execute.
• Ability to work within a team environment with a solid work ethic.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $106,300 - $204,600.
Identity and Access Mgt (IAM)
Azure Active Directory
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.