CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Immigration Coordinator in Fairfax, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice offering a global health and wellness program
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a smart and diverse population in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging business immigration environment, this is a perfect opportunity for you to join CGI.
The CGI US Immigration Team is seeking an Immigration Coordinator to join their team to perform a variety of immigration and administrative functions in support of the team’s processes and functions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage immigration case load (non-immigrant and immigrant) for the assigned Business Unit, by working closely with employees, recruiting, managers, HRBPs and external counsel
• Respond to immigration questions and inquiries on case-by-case basis
• Monitor critical dates related to employees’ immigration cases to ensure timely management of their cases and ensure business needs are met.
• Monitor layoff report to initiate petition withdrawal requests of terminated members
• Coordinate cost authorization, document collection and prevailing wage approval process for NIV and IV cases
• Interact with internal clients to gather information and documentation for visa applications, assess potential available options and provide support and guidance to internal CGI teams throughout the immigration process
• Conduct internal immigration compliance audits, generate various reports for data collection
• Assist with creating immigration process documents and training materials
• Review petitions and function as signatory for cases within the assigned Business Unit
• Communicate extensively with internal clients on case matters and provide timely responses to all inquiries
• Serve as general liaise between Outside Counsel, CGI immigration, Management and Members
• Respond to USCIS site visits
• Initiate and track status of cases
• Provide portability packets to new members and recruiters
• Coordinate regulatory Notices of Filing postings for NIV and LC-PERM cases
• Monitor generic Immigration mailbox
• Create and maintain immigration reports and internal database
• Respond to members on port of entry and visa stamping inquiries
• Provide administrative support as needed for all immigration matters
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2 years of U.S. business immigration experience in a Law firm or corporate environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task within high volume environment and minimal supervision
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work with different personalities and temperaments and cross-cultural awareness
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.