CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Innovation Program Director in Fairfax, Virginia
Innovation Program Director
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Leadership and Management Roles
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Innovation Program Director, is responsible for leading the Innovation Program at CGI Federal. Building a successful program will include promoting existing innovation programs, managing the day to day operations of the Innovation Center, and engaging with customers and key stakeholders across the organization leveraging a design thinking approach. The Director will be an innovative, entrepreneurial, self-starter with a formal background in practices such as Design Thinking, Human Centered Design, or similar. As part of a horizontal function, this position will collaborate with leadership across CGI Federal to ensure the program aligns with the overall organizational strategy, operates effectively and efficiently, and drives a shift toward an organizational culture of innovation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Help establish the Innovation Center in the National Capital region
• Manage and direct day-to-day operations of the Innovation Center
• In partnership with the leadership team, refine appropriate measures of success for the Innovation Program and evaluation strategy
• Adapt and establish a design thinking process to drive Innovation workshops with customers and internally to promote a culture of innovation
• Work closely with various teams to establish practices for piloting new products and services across CGI Federal.
• Identify and implement practices for cross-functional strategy supporting the Innovation Center
• Identify and assess, in collaboration with Business Development, marketable offerings and services to ensure the Center becomes self-sustaining, creating new streams of revenue for the organization
• Support development of realization strategies, including business cases, for solutions and services developed through the Center.
• Create activities to help integrate innovation practices and philosophies into CGI Federal working culture.
• Blend tools, methodologies, and expertise from fields outside of this organization, including technology, into our work to advance our impact and reach.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required, and advanced degree preferred.
• At least 10-15 years of experience working in a professional setting.
• Direct experience with design thinking, human-centered design, business development, agile learning methods, and innovation trends
• Experience working with Federal Government agencies a plus.
• This person must possess the patience and determination to educate staff, and executive leadership on a new way of thinking and establish cross-functional work processes and relationships. •
• Proven track record of creating, developing, presenting, and implementing innovation roadmaps, or similar articulations of innovation strategies.
• The individual must exhibit flexibility, a high energy-level, firm commitment and demonstrate the ability to develop high-quality work products
• Clear and creative verbal and written communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to drive complex conversations with multiple stakeholders with varied areas of expertise
• Ability to gather, understand and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
• The capacity to work well with a diverse range of individuals and give exceptional attention to relationship management and collaboration.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups.
• Direct knowledge of and/or ability to communicate effectively about technology strategy.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.