CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Instructional Systems Designer in Fairfax, Virginia
Instructional Systems Designer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement aContract Writing System solution that greatly enhances Government customer contracting business practices, then CGI has the perfect opportunity for you as Instructional Designer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Apply research-based learning theory and proven instructional design principles to create engaging course designs and instructional materials within established project and professional processes
• Identify appropriate instructional strategies and define learning objectives appropriate to end user, functional and technical level curriculum
• Design, author, and edit complex eLearning, virtual, blended and classroom curriculum, programs and learning aids
• Design/develop/implement eLearning, social learning, and mobile learning environments
• Act as learning expert when determining, designing, and developing curriculum through research, team member input, and advanced functional/technical knowledge
• Innovate and implement leading-edge methodologies using industry benchmarks
• Provide advanced application of multimedia design and development, including graphic design, audio/video, and gaming/simulation
• Apply various instructional design methodologies such as ADDIE and SAM within traditional and Agile projects.
• Write and communicate professional training materials in the English language
• Remain current in industry trends and related technology
• Provide thorough and detailed quality assurance of all course material
• Provide outstanding collaboration and communication in visual, oral, and written form
• Maintain accurate archives of course documentation and departmental tracking documents and provide timely updates/reports for client assessment
• Deliver engaging instructor led and virtual instructor led training to various learning audiences and abilities
• Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and project management to develop classroom and online course designs and templates for various course models
• Support client instructors who need problem-solving and solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or related area required
• Minimum of three years’ experience
• Demonstrated alignment with professional competencies for instructional design
• Demonstrated experience with Agile project methodologies
• Demonstrated experience with ADDIE and SAM instructional design methodologies
• Proficiency with Adobe Captivate, Techsmith Snagit, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Power Point
• Advance writing and editing skills
• Experience in creating original, interactive learning content
• ERP training experience highly desirable
- Instructional Design and Dev
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.