CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Internal Communications Director in Fairfax, Virginia
Internal Communications Director
Find similar career opportunities
Internal Communications Director
Category: Communications & Investor Relations
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-0012
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI seeks an internal communications professional to join its U.S. Marketing Communications department to support the rollout of global and U.S. programs that drive employee awareness and engagement. Based in our U.S. head office, the Internal Communications Director will work closely with various senior leaders and teams across Corporate Services and within business units to create and execute internal communications strategies, plans and content.
By joining CGI, you will have the opportunity to develop and nurture a variety of internal programs aligned with CGI’s strategy and growth plans. You will serve as an advisor to senior leaders and colleagues on how to leverage internal communications strategies and channels to engage and inform members on a range topics. With CGI’s extensive presence across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, you will have the opportunity to interact regularly with global colleagues and internal communications experts in other countries to generate ideas and share best practices.
The ideal candidate brings with them internal communications best practices from other comparable sized organizations as well as fresh ideas on employment engagement. They must also be skilled in taking executive messaging, in various forms such as speeches and business plans, and turning it into powerful employee communications that resonate and inform. The role requires a strong writer with experience in executive speech writing and presentation development. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and deliver results, be comfortable wearing many hats, and accommodate tight deadlines and shifting priorities. The candidate must be a team player who thrives in a very fast-paced environment, skilled at both creative thinking and tactical execution in the communications space.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build and implement clear, understandable communications that make complex concepts real and actionable for employees
• Lead the development of internal communications plans, and construct and execute tactics to support the plans and measure results
• Use creative storytelling methods to bring out an authentic company voice across emails, videos, presentations and other communications
• Create and execute deliverables such as: executive presentations/communications, newsletters, memos, employee all hands meeting presentations, videos, speeches
• Lead the strategy for U.S. content on the global CGI intranet/networking website, and develop and execute a strategic vision for the platform while partnering with communications liaisons across the business
• Serve as a brand ambassador by consistently using CGI brand standards in all communications and events
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience, preferably in an IT or professional services company
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience delivering internal communications programs
• Experience communicating HR/benefits programs
• Demonstrated aptitude to understand complex topics from multiple angles, and translate those concepts into understandable and creative narratives
• Be a nimble, flexible writer skilled at both starting from a blank piece of paper and refining existing content
• Strong ability to edit and proofread, including one’s own work
• Work effectively with senior executives, as well as multiple stakeholders across a global company; and create executive-ready content
• Be creative and resourceful at finding the right stakeholders and building a strong network to facilitate cross-group collaboration
• Pay fanatical attention to detail and possess the organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and deliverables across many teams and organizations
• Demonstrate a sincere desire for feedback and constructive criticism, with resilience and the ability to respond to feedback constructively
• Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and demonstrate the ability to exercise effective judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
• Strong MS Office experience includes MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience managing external web/video conferencing vendors and executing flawless virtual meetings
• Experience creating internal videos
• Experience with employee communications around mergers and acquisitions
• Familiarity with the foundations of solid graphic design; hands-on experience with relevant design software a plus
• Experience utilizing Microsoft SharePoint to create and manage web content
• Flexibility to work occasional nights/weekends in line with business needs or critical deadlines
• Flexibility to travel as needed
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.